a problem about tester's data

I have prepared data for strategy teater as below: open a chart window, zoom out, then mouse left down, drag towards to right from left, many new bars coming; so this behavior has download recent data in the current time frame; now I download like this from 2013.12.1 to now. after this, I download this pair data of 2001.1.1 to 2012.11.29 from internet and import. now I test an EA in strategy tester on the period from 2012.1.1 to now and select "visual mode"; I find that the EA runs very fast before 2012.11.29, and become very slow from 2012.12.1 to now; so it is because the data of 2012.1.1 to now includes more information?

vx0532:
I have prepared data for strategy teater as below: open a chart window, zoom out, then mouse left down, drag towards to right from left, many new bars coming; so this behavior has download recent data in the current time frame; now I download like this from 2013.12.1 to now. after this, I download this pair data of 2001.1.1 to 2012.11.29 from internet and import. now I test an EA in strategy tester on the period from 2012.1.1 to now and select "visual mode"; I find that the EA runs very fast before 2012.11.29, and become very slow from 2012.12.1 to now; so it is because the data of 2012.1.1 to now includes more information?
Compare the bar tick count (volume) before 1st Dec 2012 and after, I suspect your bar after will have many, many more tick per bar than before and it takes time to replay all these ticks.

RaptorUK:
Compare the bar tick count (volume) before 1st Dec 2012 and after, I suspect your bar after will have many, many more tick per bar than before and it takes time to replay all these ticks.

yes, I think so.

My question is whether it matters much for test result that there is many ticks or few tick in a bar?

vx0532:

yes, I think so.

My question is whether it matters much for test result that there is many ticks or few tick in a bar?

You know your Strategy, so you are the best person to answer the question . . . for some strategies it matters greatly, for others it doesn't matter at all and for those using Open prices is enough.

RaptorUK:
You know your Strategy, so you are the best person to answer the question . . . for some strategies it matters greatly, for others it doesn't matter at all and for those using Open prices is enough.

Ok, Thank you.

vx0532:

You should to Check the tick account.

jabeen100:

You should to Check the tick account.

How to check? I want to know the details. thanks
Reason: