Why did you decide to trade on Forex? - page 2

newdigital:
freedom
+1

So that i can have a better life and my family ...

ROMAN5:
Sometimes it is easier to play Blackjack. :-D

It's definitely easier to play online poker at a successful level, but they are actively fighting against automation tools, while forex brokers seem to be more than happy of having robots  

ROMAN5: Sometimes it is easier to play Blackjack. :-D

100% True. I taught trading was a natural evolution from Blackjack card-counting. Why Forex, well because I could open an account with just $10. My thinking was its low-risk, comfort from home, no-commissions, freedom. I could say proudly, I'm a trader not just a gambler. If I can beat the dealer, this should be a piece of cake.

Boy was I wrong. If price movements are 100% random. Then we'll all lose at the rate of the spreads we're paying. I'm still researching which percent of this thing can be forecast.

Ubzen:

100% True. I taught trading was a natural evolution from Blackjack card-counting. Why Forex, well because I could open an account with just $10. My thinking was its low-risk, comfort from home, no-commissions, freedom. I could say proudly, I'm a trader not just a gambler. If I can beat the dealer, this should be a piece of cake.

Boy was I wrong. If price movements are 100% random. Then we'll all lose at the rate of the spreads we're paying. I'm still researching which percent of this thing can be forecast.

In my opinion:

• Price movements aren't 100% random.
  • Price movements can't be forecast (with high precision).
  • Forex trading is all about probability and statistics.

I think trading is all about discovering some patterns with favorable probabilities.

Mobile Trading Platform MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Mobile trading is an exciting possibility to analyze price dynamics and execute trade operations in financial markets from anywhere in the world. And now its available with MetaTrader 5 Mobile Trading Software.

angevoyageur:

In my opinion:

• Price movements aren't 100% random.
  • Price movements can't be forecast (with high precision).
  • Forex trading is all about probability and statistics.

I think trading is all about discovering some patterns with favorable probabilities.

I agree with all your Bullets 100%. However there's no guarantees that those patterns will continue working in future. And usually, they do stop working, sending the trader back to the development cycles. It takes time for a pattern to confirm itself, it also takes time to convince a trader using this pattern that it's no longer working. There's a real money costs associated with these time periods.

Ubzen:
I agree with all your Bullets %100. However there's no guarantees that those patterns will continue working in future. And usually, they do stop working, sending the trader back to the development cycles. It takes time for a pattern to confirm itself, it also takes time to convince a trader using this pattern that it's no longer working. There's a real money costs associated with these time periods.
Right, there lies the most important difficulty.

Patterns can take a sudden change at some point, but afterwards will get in line. I believe that going over the loss in such cases and continue with it you will gain on the long term.

Reason: