Strategy on demo account you win, while on real account you lose – did it happen to you?

• 62% (25)
  • 38% (15)
Total voters: 40

Analyzing and reading multiple threads I tend to believe that if in case on Demo accounts you follow a strategy/EA you have winning projected, while that doesn’t seems to be happening also on real accounts where you get loosing. State your opinion.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

MetaSky:

Analyzing and reading multiple threads I tend to believe that if in case on Demo accounts you follow a strategy/EA you have winning projected, while that doesn’t seems to be happening also on real accounts where you get loosing. State your opinion.

It depends of the strategy. Differences between, demo account and real, can be on slippage/requote and spread ; if you have a sensitive strategy to these parameters you will get important difference.

I decided to use a real account for test with a very low balance using size 0,01. So don't know. Never used demo.
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

please tell me<<<

dcrnisnoni:
please tell me<<<
?

angevoyageur:
It depends of the strategy. Differences between, demo account and real, can be on slippage/requote and spread ; if you have a sensitive strategy to these parameters you will get important difference.

second that. it boils down to the strategy used.

based on my experience, the problem only affects scalpers and those with low tp and sl 

That indeed might be through, but what strategies or approaches can avoid falling in such cases? I myself cannot think of specific ones...

MetaSky:

That indeed might be through, but what strategies or approaches can avoid falling in such cases? I myself cannot think of specific ones...

If your strategy works on H4 timeframe, uses 50 pips (0.0050) stops (only an example) and makes trading decisions on close candle, it will be probably not much affected by slippage and spread.

Sounds like a good idea. I have documented myself more on this concept and seems to be widely discussed. Thanks for the point made.

Reason: