iCustom for "!SM_ADR Marker"

Hi,

I cant seem to get the iCustom function for the "!SM_ADR Marker" indicator working.

Settings are as follows:

iCustom(NULL,0,"!SM_ADR Marker",0,0,30,false,0,2,1,Orange,1,Red,-10,false,{0-7},0);

This give me 0 for all buffers that I try.

-- Sorry guys, I just thought there was a simple solution with my syntax. I have attached the ex4 file. As its not an mq4 file I cant see the data types that each extern variable is set as. I tried all combinations, but still get 0 as a result. Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance.

Files:

Do you really expect any help when you can be bothered to provide the indicator code (or at least a link to it?) Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 forum

Place the indicator on a chart and open also Data Window (Ctrl+D) to check if you have values inside the buffers of the indicator

deVries:
Place the indicator on a chart and open also Data Window (Ctrl+D) to check if you have values inside the buffers of the indicator

I just noticed that the name of the ex4 file changed after I uploaded. Does it not recognise '!' and '_' characters? I renamed the file without those characters, but it still results in 0 value.

What do you expect us to do with the binary ex4 file. Us humans can only read mql4.

we can say {0-7} can't be correct

iCustom(NULL,0,"!SM_ADR Marker",0,0,30,false,0,2,1,Orange,1,Red,-10,false,{0-7},0);

Also like to know have you the indicator on a chart showing you any value in Data Window ??

deVries:

we can say {0-7} can't be correct

Also like to know have you the indicator on a chart showing you any value in Data Window ??

Yes I have the indicator on a chart, and it displays ADR values correctly. It however displays on the chart as comments with all ADR stats on the upper left hand side of the screen. In the data window the value is blank? Why is that?

I am trying to read these values through the iCustom function. I have used the iCustom function with other mq4 indicators and it works fine, just not for this ex4 file. Can I therefore assume that it doesnt work with ex4 files?

WHRoeder, thanks for your feedback. I can also read mql4, which is why I am posting this problem I'm having with the ex4 file. I cannot find the mq4 version anywhere on the net. Any constructive suggestions will be welcome :)

{0-7} meaning I tried buffer numbers 0 to 7

sonipipster:

Yes I have the indicator on a chart, and it displays ADR values correctly. It however displays on the chart as comments with all ADR stats on the upper left hand side of the screen. In the data window the value is blank? Why is that?

I am trying to read these values through the iCustom function. I have used the iCustom function with other mq4 indicators and it works fine, just not for this ex4 file. Can I therefore assume that it doesnt work with ex4 files?

WHRoeder, thanks for your feedback. I can also read mql4, which is why I am posting this problem I'm having with the ex4 file. I cannot find the mq4 version anywhere on the net. Any constructive suggestions will be welcome :)

{0-7} meaning I tried buffer numbers 0 to 7

I would think that the indicator does not use buffers

GumRai:

I would think that the indicator does not use buffers

If so, would you know any other way of extracting these values from the indicator?

sonipipster:

If so, would you know any other way of extracting these values from the indicator?

the values are written on chart as comments don't know a way how EA can read Commenttext from chart

if text was written with objects then it is possible with comments forget it

Reason: