How to apply EMA to asking price

Hello Everyone, I'm new to MT4 and was trying to figure out how to apply the Moving Average indicator (exponential) to the lowest asking price. I see options for High, Low, Open, Close, etc., But I don't see asking price as an option. Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly. Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

njboys808:

Hello Everyone, I'm new to MT4 and was trying to figure out how to apply the Moving Average indicator (exponential) to the lowest asking price. I see options for High, Low, Open, Close, etc., But I don't see asking price as an option. Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly. Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.

You cannot, the Ask price is not stored only the Bid.

You would have to modify the EMA code to make it calculate on price+spread.

SDC: You would have to modify the EMA code to make it calculate on price+spread.
That won't work with variable spread brokers as previous spread isn't stored anymore than Ask is.

That is true for historical chart data. It would be accurate on the live price feed though.

SDC:

That is true for historical chart data. It would be accurate on the live price feed though.

There is no need to do it on the live price feed . . . live Ask is available so there is no need to calculate it.

Live ask is available yes, but EMA of Ask prices isn't until you calculate it.

It's possible to create offline chart from the ask price, then the EMA can be applied on that offline chart.

This software can make offline chart based on the ask price: http://metatraderprogrammer.com/microtimeframe

Reason: