Back Testing Qeustions

How come running a back test on the same EA using the same broker, yields 2 diferent and completely different results. I used both computers and went to history center and reloaded data to make the test uniform, but the results are WILDLY different.

Thanks for any imput.

Yentrader2:

How come running a back test on the same EA using the same broker, yields 2 diferent and completely different results. I used both computers and went to history center and reloaded data to make the test uniform, but the results are WILDLY different.

Thanks for any imput.

What was the spread for each test ?

I used the current spread on the Tester page- I've tried all times of the day on both computers, and my laptop still consistently has a huge profit, where as my desktop is barely profitable. Even when I choose a spread that is consistent (5 pips typically 2 pips higher than average) the same differences appear?

Yentrader2:

I used the current spread on the Tester page- I've tried all times of the day on both computers, and my laptop still consistently has a huge profit, where as my desktop is barely profitable. Even when I choose a spread that is consistent (5 pips typically 2 pips higher than average) the same differences appear?

How have you made sure the settings are the same for the EAs ? did you use a set file ? are you sure you are using the same date range for both tests ? have you confirmed that you have the same number of bars in the report ?

Please copy and paste both reports here . . .

Reason: