Strategy Tester Not Completing

Hi, been testing and tweaking my new EA all day but I've run into a snag - The strategy tester now gets through about 1/5 of the way through the data and then returns the results without finishing the test. If I put it in visual mode, the price sometimes just hovers in the same spot changing by only a pip or two, or it runs as normal but quits after getting 1/5 of the way through. I think it has something to do with the symbol data because other symbols complete the test normally. Is there a cache that I can clear or something to reset the data?

hoborg:
Hi, been testing and tweaking my new EA all day but I've run into a snag - The strategy tester now gets through about 1/5 of the way through the data and then returns the results without finishing the test. If I put it in visual mode, the price sometimes just hovers in the same spot changing by only a pip or two, or it runs as normal but quits after getting 1/5 of the way through. I think it has something to do with the symbol data because other symbols complete the test normally. Is there a cache that I can clear or something to reset the data?
What size is your .fxt file ? have you checked your code for infinite loops ?

missing history? Divide by zero.

RaptorUK:
What size is your .fxt file ? have you checked your code for infinite loops ?

Thank you for your reply. The code uses no loops, it was working fine in the backtests but after I ran an optimization on three parameters using control points, the problems started. Other currency pairs test fine, only EURUSD is affected. Where can I find the .fxt file? I searched program files for it but found nothing.

hoborg:

Thank you for your reply. The code uses no loops, it was working fine in the backtests but after I ran an optimization on three parameters using control points, the problems started. Other currency pairs test fine, only EURUSD is affected. Where can I find the .fxt file? I searched program files for it but found nothing.
The .fxt file is in your MT4 folder/tester/history

RaptorUK:
The .fxt file is in your MT4 folder/tester/history

The error I got is "stopped because of Stop Out" I was able to fix the problem by decreasing the risk percentage. It was set at 6% and somehow this was triggering orders over the limit. Now the strategy tester runs normally but the optimization is not working - it discards all pass results as irrelevant. Maybe my strategy is just shit? Lol entirely possible.

hoborg:

The error I got is "stopped because of Stop Out" I was able to fix the problem by decreasing the risk percentage. It was set at 6% and somehow this was triggering orders over the limit. Now the strategy tester runs normally but the optimization is not working - it discards all pass results as irrelevant. Maybe my strategy is just shit? Lol entirely possible.

Please familiarise yourself with the forum rules . . . https://www.mql5.com/en/users/register