Download MetaTrader 5

Back testing in the strategy Tester

To add comments, please log in or register
Lee
Lee  

Question, How do I get clean tick data? I've heard other people taliking about it on various forums.

I have some new EAs that I've had built and i've ran them through the strategy tester on MT4 when I run the exact same settings on the same EA on the same pair on different days I get different results. Also I have watched the price go through TP and SL (on the visual mode) by 20 plus pips and not close the trade.

I know back testing is not that accurate but I'm trying to get the best performing settings to run the EA live off. E.G. number of winning and losing trades in a row.

Cheers Lee 

Files:
Janis Smits
Janis Smits  

Easiest way is just to migrate to MT5. That platform usually have fantastic 99% history accuracy.

And mql5 cloud will help you get to optimization results really fast.

BTW: EURAUD on my broker, asks for 15pips stop level, thats probably why your sl didn't execute. Try do same on EURUSD and see if problem stands.

phi nuts
phi nuts  
Lee:

Question, How do I get clean tick data? I've heard other people taliking about it on various forums.

I have some new EAs that I've had built and i've ran them through the strategy tester on MT4 when I run the exact same settings on the same EA on the same pair on different days I get different results. Also I have watched the price go through TP and SL (on the visual mode) by 20 plus pips and not close the trade.

I know back testing is not that accurate but I'm trying to get the best performing settings to run the EA live off. E.G. number of winning and losing trades in a row.

Cheers Lee 

Unfortunately, we can not use real tick data for backtesting in MT5, (read : not design that way):(
Lee
Lee  

Thanks Guys

To add comments, please log in or register