Back testing in the strategy Tester

Question, How do I get clean tick data? I've heard other people taliking about it on various forums.

I have some new EAs that I've had built and i've ran them through the strategy tester on MT4 when I run the exact same settings on the same EA on the same pair on different days I get different results. Also I have watched the price go through TP and SL (on the visual mode) by 20 plus pips and not close the trade.

I know back testing is not that accurate but I'm trying to get the best performing settings to run the EA live off. E.G. number of winning and losing trades in a row.

Cheers Lee 

Files:
IB_SL_Fail.PNG  39 kb

Easiest way is just to migrate to MT5. That platform usually have fantastic 99% history accuracy.

And mql5 cloud will help you get to optimization results really fast.

BTW: EURAUD on my broker, asks for 15pips stop level, thats probably why your sl didn't execute. Try do same on EURUSD and see if problem stands.

Lee:

Question, How do I get clean tick data? I've heard other people taliking about it on various forums.

I have some new EAs that I've had built and i've ran them through the strategy tester on MT4 when I run the exact same settings on the same EA on the same pair on different days I get different results. Also I have watched the price go through TP and SL (on the visual mode) by 20 plus pips and not close the trade.

I know back testing is not that accurate but I'm trying to get the best performing settings to run the EA live off. E.G. number of winning and losing trades in a row.

Cheers Lee 

Unfortunately, we can not use real tick data for backtesting in MT5, (read : not design that way):(

Thanks Guys