Virus Scan Programm for Microsoft VPS necessary?

Hi,
Just one Short question ... Is it necessary to protect a ms VPS via software? If yes what Software do you use?

AiGelb:
Hi,
Just one Short question ... Is it necessary to protect a ms VPS via software? If yes what Software do you use?
Yes it is necessary. I don't have a VPS. I've used ClamWin on a Server and Microsoft Security Essentials on Workstations, I have read that MSE will also work on some servers.

I have a Windows Server 2012 VPS, don't want to run my own hardware 24/7

Microsoft Security Essentials seems not work (official statement from MS) or it is not supported!

And there is just a lot of buying Software.

So I try BitDefender Free even if it seems not supportet (official) as well.

It's just for my demo account for a real EA Test under live conditions with MT4

RaptorUK:
Yes it is necessary. I don't have a VPS. I've used ClamWin on a Server and Microsoft Security Essentials on Workstations, I have read that MSE will also work on some servers.

What kind of security risks are there if you only have MT4 and never use or install anything else..?

alladir:

What kind of security risks are there if you only have MT4 and never use or install anything else..?
I guess Virus and Malware are what we would want to detect . . . prevention is better than cure of course but in the event that prevention fails we still need to know it has failed as soon as possible to limit the potential damage.

RaptorUK: I've used ClamWin
54.68% of all threats and ranked 37th out of 49 products tested; the best scored over 99%ClamWin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

alladir:

Dont know but i saw a reportage... You just need a internet connection and even if you do nothing you can count tousands of attacks against your system in a few days. Probably stratoserver my host do something for prevention. I will ask for

The only gate for the virus is the remote desktop, firewall and the MT4. IMHO the antivirus will not do better job than the up-to-date firewall.

Ovo:

The only gate for the virus is the remote desktop, firewall and the MT4. IMHO the antivirus will not do better job than the up-to-date firewall.

It's not really the job of a firewall to protect against Viruses though . . .

I recommend to ask first to your VPS provider, your system is running as a virtual machine on a server, ask them which software you can install without break it.

More than antivirus you need: firewall and maybe anti-malware.

Okay,

the vps provider called me. he says it belongs to what you are doing with your vps.

you need a antivirus if you receive documents p.e. if you run an email server.

in this case he recommend software from MS.

if you don't change documents or files you don't need a antivirus system.

the agent don't know about mt4 but in my words i would say for a only mt4 installation it's not necessary

Reason: