64 bit MT5 build 858 locking up... - page 5

So, test started (same as previous) but I open a chart for each symbol, and the Market watch window is now open. I have W7/64 with 8 Gb ram and Core i7.

My guess, is that will not cause any problem. It's probably related to VPS or Windows system.

angevoyageur:

So, test started (same as previous) but I open a chart for each symbol, and the Market watch window is now open. I have W7/64 with 8 Gb ram and Core i7.

My guess, is that will not cause any problem. It's probably related to VPS or Windows system.

All is ok, MT5 platform still alive as I thought.

angevoyageur:
All is ok, MT5 platform still alive as I thought.

Again, thank you SO much for your efforts and help with this angevoyageur - I've really, really appreciated it...

It still leaves the mystery of why MT5 crashes on any VPS's (Windows Server 2008r2 VPS's based in Ireland) I create as well as my Windows 7 development machine (based in New Zealand). Different operating systems, different networks, different countries... All very bizarre. Time to get down to the nitty gritty process stuff me thinks...

One thought that did cross my mind - what operating system are you running?

cowil:

Again, thank you SO much for your efforts and help with this angevoyageur - I've really, really appreciated it...

It still leaves the mystery of why MT5 crashes on any VPS's (Windows Server 2008r2 VPS's based in Ireland) I create as well as my Windows 7 development machine (based in New Zealand). Different operating systems, different networks, different countries... All very bizarre. Time to get down to the nitty gritty process stuff me thinks...

One thought that did cross my mind - what operating system are you running?

Forum

64 bit MT5 build 858 locking up...

angevoyageur, 2013.11.22 08:51

I don't understand your "mystery".

angevoyageur:
I don't understand your "mystery".

... I have W7/64 with 8 Gb ram and Core i7....

Apologies - I must have had an brief episode of temporary blindness. :)

As far as my "mystery" is concerned, I find it really bizarre that I have these issues on my W7 machine (and VPS's) and you don't. There must be something I'm doing (or have not done) here that is different to what you're doing which currently remains a "mystery". Time to get that process monitor out me thinks....

Thanks again for your help!!! :)

cowil:

...As far as my "mystery" is concerned, I find it really bizarre that I have these issues on my W7 machine (and VPS's) and you don't. There must be something I'm doing (or have not done) here that is different to what you're doing which currently remains a "mystery". Time to get that process monitor out me thinks....

Thanks again for your help!!! :)

I propose to concentrate on your W7 machine. To summarize : MT5 platform build 858/64 and superior freezes (not the same as crashes) after a while when you have some positions opened. With build 842/64 you don't have this issue. Right ?

angevoyageur:
I propose to concentrate on your W7 machine. To summarize : MT5 platform build 858/64 and superior freezes (not the same as crashes) after a while when you have some positions opened. With build 842/64 you don't have this issue. Right ?

That pretty much sums it up. And yeah, will focus on my W7 machine as it's the same OS as you're running and it appears to work fine for you. Remote "Desktoping" to a Windows VPS all the time is also pretty slow. :)

Just received the following from MQ support:

Support Team 2013.11.29 08:53

Thanks a lot!

The problem has  been reproduced and we are investigating it.

Please wait for a while. 

Support Team 2013.11.29 10:11

Problem was fixed.

Wait for the next build. 

FAAANNNNTAASSTTIICC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Reason: