64 bit MT5 build 858 locking up... - page 2

cowil:

Hi,

Tried various brokers for a 842 build but the ones I came across had already upgraded. In the end, the hack above got me up and running again - since then (fingers crossed) my MT5 installation hasn't crashed any more.

One thing I noticed immediately was that build 842 seemed to run a lot more efficiently than the two newer builds (i.e. less processor usage) so I suspect that a variation of the issue you were experiencing with the Bars() function may be occurring with another function that I DO happen to use within my Experts. Time to get the Profiler out and start running my own tests me thinks. And if I do find out what the issue is, MetaQuotes can damn well pay me the 300 Euros I lost (due to this problematic build) for that knowledge! :)

Anyway, thanks again for all your help - much appreciated! 

Glad you found a solution.

You are welcome.

For anyone keeping an eye on this forum thread, the latest (just released) build of MT5 (build 871) has the same issues. Experts are still running fine on my hacked MT5 (build 842) installation.

angevoyageur:

Glad you found a solution.

You are welcome.

Hi - I was just wondering if you'd heard anything further about the Bars() function issues from MetaQuotes or perhaps discovered any other functions that are misbehaving? Still haven't had a chance to get the Profiler out. :( Hopefully over the coming week...
Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / Bars
Documentation on MQL5: Timeseries and Indicators Access / Bars
  • www.mql5.com
Timeseries and Indicators Access / Bars - Documentation on MQL5

cowil:
Hi - I was just wondering if you'd heard anything further about the Bars() function issues from MetaQuotes or perhaps discovered any other functions that are misbehaving? Still haven't had a chance to get the Profiler out. :( Hopefully over the coming week...
No. Status quo.

angevoyageur:
No. Status quo.
Ah well, thanks. :)

For anyone keeping an eye on this thread, the crashing does NOT appear to have anything to do with the Experts I'm running, although the Experts do seem to speed the crashing up. If I run a platform with my usual 10 charts etc but WITHOUT my Experts, MT5 still crashes, but only about once a day, rather than every few hours. 

I'll be running it again over the coming week but this time with the MarketWatch window open as well (to generate as much traffic as possible) and see how often is crashes then. This will also allow me to see the time that it crashes and see if that time coincides with anything in the logs.

Oh, and the above relates to build 858/868 and 871. I'm currently testing on build 871 (latest build) of MT5. 

Anyone else out there running their terminals 24/7? If so, would you be able to confirm if you have (or have not) had any crashing/locking-up issues?

I restart on weekends but the terminal is running fine the week over (Any build)

I run about 20 experts (single and multi currency).

ugo58:

I restart on weekends but the terminal is running fine the week over (Any build)

I run about 20 experts (single and multi currency).

Hi ugo58 - thanks for your reply.

So just to confirm, you've definitely run builds 858/868 and 871 without any locking-up/terminal freezing issues? It's only these 3 new builds that I've had issues with - every build before these new versions ran fine...

Yes I use 871 for more than a week and did not have any serious issues with the previous versions.

cowil:

Hi ugo58 - thanks for your reply.

So just to confirm, you've definitely run builds 858/868 and 871 without any locking-up/terminal freezing issues? It's only these 3 new builds that I've had issues with - every build before these new versions ran fine...

Do you have the possibility to test on an other computer ?
Reason: