Superfast SL

Hi Forexfriends!

Is there a good and very fast auto SL ea for allready opened positions?

This is why;

Hedging the news. Oldschool technique. I open 2 positions, 1 buy and one sell.

It has to be very simpel and excuse me if this is a very simple question!

I use Markets.com as a broker and they have minor re-quotes (so they say)

What do you suggest guys?

Greets,

Miranda.

3088270: Is there a good and very fast auto SL ea
  1. Every SL EA is fast. Should only take milliseconds to compute the change.
  2. It takes the network fractions of a second (50milliseconds) to a few seconds to transmit the new price to the terminal and back to the server (assuming a VPS.) More on your home machine.
  3. It takes the server seconds to minutes to process the new SL during news releases because of the volume.
  4. Once the SL it triggered it takes the same seconds to minutes to close out the order and the market may have moved very far away by then.

Your question is meaningless. It's like asking for a fast auto to get you from New York to London. A bicycle is fast enough because you still have to go by boat or plane.

And your approach will not work except on a co-located machine. Do you have a few $million for that?

3088270:

Hi Forexfriends!

Is there a good and very fast auto SL ea for allready opened positions?

This is why;

Hedging the news. Oldschool technique. I open 2 positions, 1 buy and one sell.

It has to be very simpel and excuse me if this is a very simple question!

I use Markets.com as a broker and they have minor re-quotes (so they say)

What do you suggest guys?

Greets,

Miranda.

To add to that. I spent a while looking at this strategy. I didn't live test it but it probably can't work. If the broker is a market maker they will ban you from trading the news. If the broker has STP to liquidity providers and/or and exchange to other customers, the liquidity will be very low making the slippage very high... no one will be there to take the other side of your trade, so the price will move a lot in an unfavourable direction before 1) the trade is filled and 2) you stop loss gets filled if it is hit

It's probably possible to get small profits like this but it's not at all scaleable so not worth your time developing it as a strategy.

Just my thoughts

Reason: