identifier for a manual order

cryptex23
cryptex23  
Hi everyone, is there a magic number for manual orders? some on this forum have a view that by default it is zero. is it so? is there a reliable way to identify and differentiate between multiple orders placed manually?
Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski  
cryptex:
Hi everyone, is there a magic number for manual orders? some on this forum have a view that by default it is zero. is it so? is there a reliable way to identify and differentiate between multiple orders placed manually?
What does your testing tell you ?
cryptex23
cryptex23  
yesterday being sunday i wasn't able to send any orders :D. I will try it out with a demo account. But i am not sure if the broker's demo server and real server treat orders impartially. Raptor any other reliable way to differentiate between orders using time stamp etc.?
Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski  
cryptex:
yesterday being sunday i wasn't able to send any orders :D. I will try it out with a demo account. But i am not sure if the broker's demo server and real server treat orders impartially. Raptor any other reliable way to differentiate between orders using time stamp etc.?
I don't believe there is a generic way of telling if an Order was placed manually rather than by an EA. IF an EA doesn't use a Magic Number how will the Order be different to a manually placed Order ? Of course in specific situations you can make your EA do something that can't be done manually, for example, set a Magic Number, but if you want to write an EA that can distinguish EA placed Orders from manually placed orders for all cases I think you will find it can't be done.
William Roeder
William Roeder  
The Magic Number for manual orders is zero.