Are there speed issues when using a foreign broker?

I am a US trader and I want to use a foreign broker but I am concerned about latency issues. Is there a delay in quote data, open/close times if the brokerage is in a foreign country?

Forexbandit:
I am a US trader and I want to use a foreign broker but I am concerned about latency issues. Is there a delay in quote data, open/close times if the brokerage is in a foreign country?

We don't discuss Brokers in this Forum, it's a recently added written rule . . . you would have read it when you registered.

Why don't you setup a few Demo accounts from a variety of Brokers and test it for yourself ?

As long as the broker's servers are top notch and not clogged, the delay shouldn't be noticeable. You could have a local broker but with poor systems could be worse than the foreign ones. Not forgetting factors that concern your own internet connection or computer. So all in all whether the broker is foreign or local isn't a major determinant of successful trading. Take for instance, don't you find some websites hosted in your country opening slower than those hosted in a different country? That's what i mean.
Reason: