Its all noise? - page 2

RaptorUK:
I think the 100% bit was describing the fact that the system is mechanical ( "100% mechanical" ) and not automated . . . I don't think it was the WR, why ? this "Accuracy=70%"

Exactly Sir!

U got it right.

It doesn't even require to have an eye on the economic events though times like FOMC & NFP can cause slippage that i need to take care of.

tonny: The risk can be controlled via lot size. What matters most is consistency
90% win ratio is consistent.

90% win ratio with 100:1 risk:reward mean 90 times out of 100 you win 1 unit, for a total of 90 and 10 times you loose 100 for a loss of 1000. Net result is 910 loss on average. W/L ratio by itself is meaningless. RRR by itself is meaningless.

Risk per trade is controlled by lot size AND your SL position. One lot with a 1000 pip SL is risking $10,000USD. One lot with a 10 pip SL risks $100 plus spread. Lot size by itself is meaningless.

I was assuming SL is kept constant and not increased
WHRoeder:
90% win ratio is consistent.

90% win ratio with 100:1 risk:reward mean 90 times out of 100 you win 1 unit, for a total of 90 and 10 times you loose 100 for a loss of 1000. Net result is 910 loss on average. W/L ratio by itself is meaningless. RRR by itself is meaningless.

Risk per trade is controlled by lot size AND your SL position. One lot with a 1000 pip SL is risking $10,000USD. One lot with a 10 pip SL risks $100 plus spread. Lot size by itself is meaningless.

I was assuming the SL was kept constant. Because if you already have the signal stats then it means it has been going on for a while with its sl and tp criteria so a new user only needs to control the risk with lot size and leave all other constant to maintain its performance. You dont now take the strategy and start using say 10 pips sl while it originally uses 50 pips sl in the name of reducing risk that will affect its performance.
Reason: