Spread AND Commission

Hi

Please excuse my ignorance...

I am currently testing a strategy that I have build in MT4, and it seems to be very profitable in back testing and also looks pretty good in demo account testing.

I am pretty close to opening a real account and making a deposit to beginning live trading, but the costs of trading make me a little concerned that I may not make any profits once the trading costs take effect.

I'm currently using SunbirdFX, and I see that they charge a commission of $5.50 per lot. They also apply a spread to their currency pairs.

Am I correct in assuming that this is a double charge for the trades? Or have I got it all wrong?

Based on minimum deposit and reliability, what other trading sites can you recommend that you use?

quincarroll: they charge a commission of $5.50 per lot. They also apply a spread to their currency pairs.

Am I correct in assuming that this is a double charge for the trades? Or have I got it all wrong?

look at the commission details: if you see $5.50 per SIDE then they will charge $11, which is quite high. You can see this instantly when you open a trade in the demo account. Usually the spreads are much lower with commission, instead of 2..4 pips it is between 0 and 0.5 pips.

quincarroll:

Hi

Based on minimum deposit and reliability, what other trading sites can you recommend that you use?

Sorry, we do not discuss Brokers on this Forum, please do not try to.
Reason: