Pending orders execution process on trade server - page 2

patrick007:
I am not trying to be awkward and I understand your comment, but raptor has displayed a chart with brokerage names and their tick volumes. Is this not discussing brokers?
No, it's not, it's an illustration of the variability of tick counts between Brokers, the point would have been just as valid without the Broker names . . . broker1, broker2, broker3 etc . . .

RaptorUK:
No, it's not, it's an illustration of the variability of tick counts between Brokers, the point would have been just as valid without the Broker names . . . broker1, broker2, broker3 etc . . .

Thanks. It is more interesting with the broker's name! Surely those with lower tick volume would have slower execution and more risk of slippage?

patrick007:
Thanks. It is more interesting with the broker's name! Surely those with lower tick volume would have slower execution and more risk of slippage?
Why do you think that ? if the prices are updated less often the price will be stable for longer, isn't that a reason to expect less slippage ?

WHRoeder

1. WHEN price reaches your pending order, it becomes a market order. It then sits in the queue until the server can process it. Your assumptions are false.

If this means that order position in the queue is determined only when the pending order becomes a market order, then there's really no benefit of stop orders except for someone doing manual trading. I can wait (in EA) until my target price is reached and place a market order, at least I can specify the slippage then!

Thanks for clarifying that and sorry about including the broker name in my last post, I removed it.

whroeder1:
  1. WHEN price reaches your pending order, it becomes a market order. It then sits in the queue until the server can process it. Your assumptions are false.
  2. We are not allowed to talk about specific brokers here you are asking for a ban from the moderators.

Hi Whroeder 1, this topic is very interest. It would be great if you can shed some light on this. 

"WHEN price reaches your pending order, it becomes a market order. It then sits in the queue until the server can process it", if it already sits in the queue on the broker server is there any way to make the broker server process the order faster so that there is less slippage?

Hi

I would like to know why the profit change after I close the position. for example I buy eureusd at 1.18335 and I close it at 1.18338 so my profit is 3 but in the toolbox it is changing and I can not understand when it has been closed why it is changing yet.

Best regards

Reason: