Indicators that work.

I would guess that quite a few of the posters here have used various indicators in their technical analysis and incorporated the indicators in their work.

I do wonder, has anyone actually used an indicator and found it to work consistently in the long term? Obviously, I'm talking about the standard indicators, not any custom indicators that you may have developed yourselves.

GumRai:

I would guess that quite a few of the posters here have used various indicators in their technical analysis and incorporated the indicators in their work.

I do wonder, has anyone actually used an indicator and found it to work consistently in the long term? Obviously, I'm talking about the standard indicators, not any custom indicators that you may have developed yourselves.

All the standard Indicator work just fine, what have you found that does not ? or maybe you meant something else ?

RaptorUK:
All the standard Indicator work just fine, what have you found that does not ? or maybe you meant something else ?

I apologise for not being clear.

What I meant was, has anybody when using standard settings on an indicator to enter and exit trades found it to be profitable.

GumRai: found it to be profitable.
When you registered, perhaps you missed the part about Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 and auto trading are forbidden. You're off topic for this forum.

WHRoeder:
When you registered, perhaps you missed the part about Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 and auto trading are forbidden. You're off topic for this forum.

Yes, I did miss that.

In fact, I cannot find this rule, maybe it is well hidden somewhere?

Registration on MQL4.com means that you fully agree to follow the rules accepted here:

1. Please, be polite communicating in this forum. Any posts which may offend other visitors of the forum are forbidden.
  2. Discussions of any banking, brokerage or other financial companies or institutions are prohibited. Such messages are subject to removal
  3. Any discussions about personal relations between the participants of the forum are forbidden.
  4. Any use of obscene expressions is forbidden.
  5. Posting of advertising messages, spamming and flooding are forbidden.
  6. Numerous breakings of rules, ignoring moderators' remarks and furthermore open disrespect for administration will result in banning from the forum without any explanations.
  7. The administration has the right to change these rules if necessary.

They changed the page since last I looked! #2 is new (it was an unwritten rule)

WHRoeder:

Seems a strange unwritten rule when this is the link to this forum on the homepage .

Traders Forum

Here you can ask any questions on technical analysis, discuss ideas about trading systems, indicators and robots, as well as hone your skills of programming trading strategies in MQL4.

Communicate and share your experience with traders from anywhere in the world. Ask questions and help newbies with valuable advices - MQL4.community is developing along with you.

WHRoeder:

It is now a WHRoeder rule

GumRai:

Yes, I did miss that.

In fact, I cannot find this rule, maybe it is well hidden somewhere?

It is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/users/register but in a slightly different form, the meaning is the same.

"This resource is a site where traders interested in MetaQuotes Language 4 and automated trading systems communicate."

This is what the rules said previously:

Registration on MQL4.com means that you fully agree to follow the rules accepted here:

1. Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 and auto trading are forbidden. Such topics will be deleted.
  2. Any posts which may offend other visitors of the MQL4.com are forbidden. These messages will be deleted.
  3. Any use of obscene expressions is forbidden. These messages will be deleted.
  4. Posting of advertising messages is forbidden. Such messages will deleted.
  5. A spam and flood are forbidden also. These posts will be deleted.
  6. Numerous breakings of rules, ignoring of remarks of a moderator and furthermore open disrespect for administration attract ban from the MQL4.com without any explanations.
  7. The administration leaves to itself the right to apply any measures to any of participants of the MQL4.com.
  8. The administration has the right to change these rules if will consider it necessary.

RaptorUK:

It is here: https://www.mql5.com/en/users/register but in a slightly different form, the meaning is the same.

"This resource is a site where traders interested in MetaQuotes Language 4 and automated trading systems communicate."

This is what the rules said previously:

So the discussion about others things than MQL4 or auto trading are no more forbidden.

angevoyageur:
So the discussion about others things than MQL4 or auto trading are no more forbidden.
Not forbidden, just not allowed. "This resource is a site where traders interested in MetaQuotes Language 4 and automated trading systems communicate." ( bold added )
Reason: