Anti decompiler must be the new features for metaeditor - page 2

I thought that for an EX4 to work on MT4 for the first time, it required the MQL file to be present? And that after that first use, the MQL can be removed from the experts folder and the EX4 continues to work fine. This is the experience I have had.

Looking at the chat above, it would seem that my situation is not the norm however. Maybe there is something in the source that was not set correctly?

Another thing that I have noticed at times is that when putting new EX4 and MQL files into the experts folder and starting MT4, the MQL would disappear from the folder at that point (i.e. upon the ex4 compiling it would seem), which was really odd.

Trevhib:

I thought that for an EX4 to work on MT4 for the first time, it required the MQL file to be present? And that after that first use, the MQL can be removed from the experts folder and the EX4 continues to work fine. This is the experience I have had.

Another thing that I have noticed at times is that when putting new EX4 and MQL files into the experts folder and starting MT4, the MQL would disappear from the folder at that point (i.e. upon the ex4 compiling it would seem), which was really odd.

EX4 doesn't need an mq4 to run. The coder compiled it and the ex4 can be put on any machine.

Now if you try to recompile the mq4 AND it's a decompiled code, you've lost the ex4

I'd like to clear something up WH. I work as a team with another guy. He's the coder but I have access to all the source. The code is ours, unique, very complex, no outside help required or ever used (barring one or two useful things I've picked up from here regarding MT4 quirks). I personally don't have any but the most basic coding knowledge although I am starting to read the book (and learn from this forum).

I don't know if your post in this thread is suggesting that some of the questions I'm asking (in this thread and others), make it look like I have decompiled code in my possession but I can clarify that I do not and have no need of such.

Further, the situation described above did occur. So there's something I'm either not understanding or haven't communicated fully. I could not, for whatever functional, platform or code-based reason use some of the early iterations of one of our bots without having the source sent over to accompany the EX4. The EX4 just wouldn't work on its own. So I got the MQL, put it alongside the EX4 in the experts folder, restarted MT4 and bang, no problem. I assume that for an EX4 to be created in the first instance the MQL has to be compiled, so I also assume that the EX4 as it was sent across was as it should have been. Ergo I'm still not sure why I was experiencing this.

This was a long time ago and since that time the modus operandi is for me to just receive both files. So I have no idea if the problem still exists. When I saw this thread I just thought I'd ask the question to see if there was an obvious answer.

Trevhib:

I'd like to clear something up WH. I work as a team with another guy. He's the coder but I have access to all the source. The code is ours, unique, very complex, no outside help required or ever used (barring one or two useful things I've picked up from here regarding MT4 quirks). I personally don't have any but the most basic coding knowledge although I am starting to read the book (and learn from this forum).

I don't know if your post in this thread is suggesting that some of the questions I'm asking (in this thread and others), make it look like I have decompiled code in my possession but I can clarify that I do not and have no need of such.

Further, the situation described above did occur. So there's something I'm either not understanding or haven't communicated fully. I could not, for whatever functional, platform or code-based reason use some of the early iterations of one of our bots without having the source sent over to accompany the EX4. The EX4 just wouldn't work on its own. So I got the MQL, put it alongside the EX4 in the experts folder, restarted MT4 and bang, no problem. I assume that for an EX4 to be created in the first instance the MQL has to be compiled, so I also assume that the EX4 as it was sent across was as it should have been. Ergo I'm still not sure why I was experiencing this.

This was a long time ago and since that time the modus operandi is for me to just receive both files. So I have no idea if the problem still exists. When I saw this thread I just thought I'd ask the question to see if there was an obvious answer.

It's not a normal behavior. That can only occur if you send a EX4 compiled with a recent build to someone using an old one, it could be incompatible.

You only have to de-compile the code if you want to analyse the logic. Otherwise you just need a Trade Copier: easy to program, easy to get.

To protect your trade logic, just trade it on a hidden account and don't let anybody know. Because even out of the past trades you can get idea about your trade logic.

Gooly

Thanks AV. That sounds plausible. It is a while ago so I can't remember the error. It is possible we were on different builds as we were demo testing on different brokers at the time (and obviously the problem only existed at my end). We're going to run a test to see if the problem still exists today (as now our platforms/brokers/builds are aligned). In any case, it's good to know that EX4's are supposed to work alone as this helps with security of the source and potential retail, so thanks to you and WH.

Hi Guys,

Can ex4 really decompile back to mq4? please suggest me how to protect the source mq4 (not distribute with ex4)

Thank you,

meowzx:

Hi Guys,

Can ex4 really decompile back to mq4? please suggest me how to protect the source mq4 (not distribute with ex4)

Thank you,

Wait for the big change.

Why would you want to prevent decompilation? If your selling an EA it is probably worthless anyway, hence if it is profitable I'd run it. Instead of trying to scam some poor smuck in buying into the dream of getting rich fast. So if you want to share your wisdom, why not hand out the mq4 file too? Bottomline sold EA's are generally crap and therefor shouldn't have the comfort of protection. I decompiled a few EA's back in the day, just to learn what others where doing. And I wept tears by the quality of coding. Really really bad. Then I decided to never ever buy an EA without the source.

angevoyageur:
Wait for the big change.

Thanks so much for the precious information. ^^
Reason: