Is it possible to...(Script/Indicator question)

I trade using multiple timeframes. I always have 4 charts open at the same time and currently, when I change the symbol, I have to drag the symbol to 4 different charts.

I would like to be able to change the symbol on one chart and have the other 3 charts change to that symbol automatically and instantly. Is it possible to do this with a script or indicator or a combination of the two?

I'm not asking for someone to do this for me, I'm just asking if it is possible and where to start if it is.

Thanks.

sothirsty :

I trade using multiple timeframes. I always have 4 charts open at the same time and currently, when I change the symbol, I have to drag the symbol to 4 different charts.

I would like to be able to change the symbol on one chart and have the other 3 charts change to that symbol automatically and instantly. Is it possible to do this with a script or indicator or a combination of the two?

I'm not asking for someone to do this for me, I'm just asking if it is possible and where to start if it is.

Thanks.

A solution may be to save your 4 charts as a profile, and create a profile for each of your symbol.

sothirsty :

1. Yes it's possible. One EA/Indicator notices the change (deinit/init) and deletes and posts a Global Variable such as "CurrentPair-EURUSD"=0;

The others notice the change and change the chart pair. Easiest method would be quick scroll. Send to chart ENTER, pair name, ENTER.

2. It's also unnecessary. Save the 4 charts as a profile. Change pairs and save as another profile. Done.
Reason: