How to set a "-5" in MA shift? - page 3

Hello,

thanks for your help anyways.

I just like to test it in the strategy tester if -5 makes any sense. I know that it looks great on a chart, and i also think that there must also be something bad about that shift. I will ask my friends friend, he is information scientist, and knows the Meta Trader language quiete well. He also needed some hours to find out how to make the -5 shift work in the EA. Because at first they had the same problem as me, that no trades where done. Maybe he can also helpe me.

Thanks!

6578466543:

Hello,

I just like to test it in the strategy tester if -5 makes any sense. I know that it looks great on a chart, and i also think that there must also be something bad about that shift. I will ask my friends friend, he is information scientist, and knows the Meta Trader language quiete well. He also needed some hours to find out how to make the -5 shift work in the EA. Because at first they had the same problem as me, that no trades where done. Maybe he can also helpe me.

When you tried this . . .

I suggest you do this and then you will understand what is going on:

Add 2 MAs to any chart, just the standard Moving Average indicator, add one with a MA shift of 0 and one with a MA shift of -5, the use the Data Window (Ctrl + D) and look at bars to the left of bar 10 by placing your mouse pointer on the bar and looking at the Data Window, you will see two values, one for each of the 2 MAs, now look at bars 0 to 4 . . . you will see only one value, the other MA does not have a value.

what values did you get for barss 0 and 1 ?

6578466543: if -5 makes any sense. I know that it looks great on a chart,
It may look great but you can only enter 5 bars AFTER. Still looking great?
Reason: