Passing variables between MT4 terminals

I have two MT4 sessions open, each logged into a different account (on different brokers).  I wish to take a value from one terminal and pass it to the other (one way only).  The File Open, File Write, and File Close functions can only operate in the parent directory of the terminal that is doing the writing, and the File Open, File Read, and File Close functions can only operate in the parent directory of the terminal that is doing the reading, and never the twain shal meet.  Is there any method of using one common file for both writing and reading?  The value of the variable will be zero most of the time, and +1 or -1 for short periods.  Iain.

ICPurvis:
I have two MT4 sessions open, each logged into a different account (on different brokers).  I wish to take a value from one terminal and pass it to the other (one way only).  The File Open, File Write, and File Close functions can only operate in the parent directory of the terminal that is doing the writing, and the File Open, File Read, and File Close functions can only operate in the parent directory of the terminal that is doing the reading, and never the twain shal meet.  Is there any method of using one common file for both writing and reading?  The value of the variable will be zero most of the time, and +1 or -1 for short periods.  Iain.
Named pipes, QuickChannel, https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143640

Thanks for that, I knew someone would have the answer.  Now to try to get my head round it..........  :-)
Reason: