Dear Metaquotes (Build 500)

The dragable order modification lines introduced in MT4 build 500 are nice, however your implementation leaves a lot to be desired. It is almost as if none of you actually use trading software.

1. In order to prevent accidental moving of order lines and conflicts with current chart object functionality, it would make sense to combine the order line drag function with a key press (Shift, Ctrl or Alt). For example, to drag an order line one would have to press the Alt key as one grabs the line.

2. Dragable order lines require realtime feedback of the price level and the distance to the open price in pips, preferably in close proximity to the line being dragged. This so that the trader knows when to stop dragging the line. Do you really expect traders to guesstimate where to release the line?

Yes, very nice feature, very easy to drag by mistake, actually I did, it's really annoying.

xaphod:

The dragable order modification lines introduced in MT4 build 500 are nice, however your implementation leaves a lot to be desired. It is almost as if none of you actually use trading software.

1. In order to prevent accidental moving of order lines and conflicts with current chart object functionality, it would make sense to combine the order line drag function with a key press (Shift, Ctrl or Alt). For example, to drag an order line one would have to press the Alt key as one grabs the line.

2. Dragable order lines require realtime feedback of the price level and the distance to the open price in pips, preferably in close proximity to the line being dragged. This so that the trader knows when to stop dragging the line. Do you really expect traders to guesstimate where to release the line?

Please login (you need to be registered) at the mql5 Forum, go to your profile and raise a Service Desk ticket with a MT4 Suggestion to make this feature user disabled/enabled.

The developers of metaquotes seem to not be reading our requests in the mt4 forum here.

I raised a Service Desk ticket yesterday and am waiting for a feedback of metaquotes.

So is the mql4.com forum dead for support requests?

4evermaat:
So is the mql4.com forum dead for support requests?
Yes,  the official answer from Metaquotes is go to the mql5.com forum . . .  I had to battle to get the MT4 options added to the drop down . . .