Does open of bar/prices EA need tick data testing?

I only use open of bar not every tick on m15 and above...is it worth the time and effort to get tick data for 99% modelling quality? Some trades do close for a few pips but always on a new bar and not within a bar. I thought tick data was primarily for EA's that could close intrabar, thus need the data inside to be accurate.

Does open of bar/prices EA need tick data testing? It does not.

We have discussed this one allot try searching the forum. If it's worth the effort is totally personal. It cannot hurt to have tick data. Why are you using Open_Period_M15 instead of Open_Period_M1?  

I am using open price of m15 bars because it is the m15 bars/indicators the EA trades from, really we are not concerned what anything less or more is doing with this EA.

If the standard mt4 data contains open prices of m15 bars that are accurate then thankfully I would not need to download a ton of tick data as the EA does nothing intra bar.

gangsta1:

I am using open price of m15 bars because it is the m15 bars/indicators the EA trades from, really we are not concerned what anything less or more is doing with this EA.

If the standard mt4 data contains open prices of m15 bars that are accurate then thankfully I would not need to download a ton of tick data as the EA does nothing intra bar.

Your trades are always closed on 1 of OHLC prices then ?

Yes, what do u think about needing tick data for this and 99% mod quality?

gangsta1:
Yes, what do u think about needing tick data for this and 99% mod quality?
It depends of your strategy. On M15 timeframe what can be the difference betwwen generated tick and actual tick, Is your strategy sensitive to such a difference ? It's up to you also to see what's your goal by using the strategy tester.

Thing is whatever my strategy is (it does use indicators) it only works once per bar based on open price so I cannot see how tick data would improve results as the history center has o/h/l/c prices at the very least. I thought tick data was just needed for EA's that used intra bar data smaller than m1 (the data mt4 will make artificial if not provided).
Reason: