MQL4 only minutes?

as I was looking for a more complete history to test my ea on(the history files I have now contain holes that are month's long)

I saw that Mql4 has the smallest interval of minutes for history instead of a tick by tick history. is this true?

if so, then my back testing results are going to be severely scewed since I only have a tolarance of 2 spreads, and the market can move more then that in one minute under volatile situations.

does anyone know how I can bypass this to get/use actual tick history data? 

sorry for posting 2 questionsin one day, this forums help is much apreciated. thank you :) 

nickblack:

as I was looking for a more complete history to test my ea on(the history files I have now contain holes that are month's long)

I saw that Mql4 has the smallest interval of minutes for history instead of a tick by tick history. is this true?

if so, then my back testing results are going to be severely scewed since I only have a tolarance of 2 spreads, and the market can move more then that in one minute under volatile situations.

does anyone know how I can bypass this to get/use actual tick history data? 

You can use tick data with the Strategy Tester in MT4  (not in MT5) but you need a 3rd part app to use it.  It's been discussed lots,  use the search top right of this page.
Reason: