Heikin-Ashi

I have a historical question.  Does anyone know the name or names of the individuals to have developed the Heikin-ashi technique and when such individuals had lived?  With all the information on the history of candlesticks available, I've been surprisingly unable to come across any information on the origins of Heikin-Ashi.

This is a Japanese ;-)

Try searching on Dan Valcu and Yasuji Yamanaka

When you registered, perhaps you missed the part about Any discussions except of concerning MetaQuotes Language 4 and auto trading are forbidden. You're off topic for this forum.

Thank you very much for your replies.

Another question I have (on topic this time) concerns the Heiken-Ashi Smoothed indicator that I've recently downloaded.  Everytime I've put it on the chart with the settings I want and turn off my computer, the default settings are restored when I turn my computer back on.  Is it supposed to do that?  With the exception of backtesting, all other indicators I've used remain at the settings I've set upon restarting the computer.  Is there a way to change an indicator's default settings?

ASAR:

Thank you very much for your replies.

Another question I have (on topic this time) concerns the Heiken-Ashi Smoothed indicator that I've recently downloaded.  Everytime I've put it on the chart with the settings I want and turn off my computer, the default settings are restored when I turn my computer back on.  Is it supposed to do that?  With the exception of backtesting, all other indicators I've used remain at the settings I've set upon restarting the computer.  Is there a way to change an indicator's default settings?

Are you shutting down MT4 before you turn off your PC ?  are you shutting down your PC properly before turning it off ?

1. tools -> options -> server -> keep personal settings
  2. Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

The PC is being shut down properly.

Keep personal settings and not being installed in program files is already the condition.

What I've now noticed is that while the Inputs settings are being maintained, it's the Colors settings that keep reverting back to their default settings.  This happens if I merely look at different timeframes or sometimes when I make changes to the Inputs settings.

ASAR:

The PC is being shut down properly.

Keep personal settings and not being installed in program files is already the condition.

What I've now noticed is that while the Inputs settings are being maintained, it's the Colors settings that keep reverting back to their default settings.  This happens if I merely look at different timeframes or sometimes when I make changes to the Inputs settings.

Perhaps thats a side effect or an intended consequence of how the Indicator is coded.

Okay, if that's the way it's coded, I'll just have to put up with it.

My final question pertains to the two Ma sets in the Inputs.  I've figured out that they pertain to the two candles that compose a heiken ashi candlestick but I don't know which set of inputs pertains to which candle.  Does anyone know which set of inputs pertains to either the current or the prior candle?

Reason: