Getting completed order data from external program

I'm creating a basic program outside of MT4 that will rely on obtaining the completed trade information from MT4. SO, for example, when this application is opened, it can go out and get the latest completed trades.

The question/food for though is: Can I create something external to MT4 that allows me to get access to the completed trades?

The only thing I can think of is to create something that could mimic the export command and go after the file that was created.   But I dont even know if something external could mimic such a MT4 function.

Anyone have any ideas, tips, places to look, etc?

if you know the structure of the file then yes. If not, then you'll probably need mt4.

gnovak:

I'm creating a basic program outside of MT4 that will rely on obtaining the completed trade information from MT4. SO, for example, when this application is opened, it can go out and get the latest completed trades.

The question/food for though is: Can I create something external to MT4 that allows me to get access to the completed trades?

The only thing I can think of is to create something that could mimic the export command and go after the file that was created.   But I dont even know if something external could mimic such a MT4 function.

Anyone have any ideas, tips, places to look, etc?

Yes, you can  exchange information with MT4 from your external programs written, for example, on c++, or other lang. see my article   https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1361 

No any files, in online mode... 

Reason: