Strategy Tester run with optimization checked returns totals but not individual results

hello all,

Strategy Tester Module. If i  run a strategy without the optimization check box selected then i get a list of all trades matching my criteria (i see them all if i click on the 'results' tab), however, if run the same strategy with the optimization checked, i only get a comprehensive 'total trades' matching my criteria (displayed on the optimization results tab). The results tab still displays the individual results of the previous strategy run.

to give an example: in strategy tester/settings i select  in the Expert Advisor dropdown list the Moving Strategy option, i enter a range of days (01/01/2012 - 31/12/2012 for example). in the Period dropdown list i select H1, i leave the Optimization option unchecked and click Start. it finishes quickly, i click on the results tab and i see all the individual trades matching my criteria (in this case it's a total of 16 trades)

Now i run the strategy again with two changes. i first click select 'Optimization' and then i click on Expert Properties. in the Input tab, i select Moving Period and enter the values 12, 12, 1, 18 (Value, Start, Step, Stop)

I click Ok and click Start. Again it runs quickly and in the Optimization Results tab i see 6 total results (one for each of my 12 to 18 steps) where i see the total trades matching each of the steps. If i click on the individual result tab i still see the same results from my previous strategy run, not the current one.

My question is, is there a way, when i run a strategy with optimization selected, to see the individual results matching my criteria for every step, in the same way i see them without optimization?

thank you for taking the time to read this 

badseed:

My question is, is there a way, when i run a strategy with optimization selected, to see the individual results matching my criteria for every step, in the same way i see them without optimization?  

No there isn't . . .  unless you want to code something yourself and save the trade data to a file. 

badseed:
I click Ok and click Start. Again it runs quickly and in the Optimization Results tab i see 6 total results (one for each of my 12 to 18 steps) where i see the total trades matching each of the steps. If i click on the individual result tab i still see the same results from my previous strategy run, not the current one.

After the optimization run, double click on one run (in the optimization results.) That sets the Expert Properties to that combination of parameters. Now run a non-optimization and you have your individual trades.

RaptorUK:
No there isn't . . .  unless you want to code something yourself and save the trade data to a file. 

thanks RaptorUK

any suggestions where i can read about/examples on how to do that?

WHRoeder:
After the optimization run, double click on one run (in the optimization results.) That sets the Expert Properties to that combination of parameters. Now run a non-optimization and you have your individual trades.

thanks WHRoeder,

this would work, unfortunately each optimization run, could have a few hundred results... i need to find a way to automate it.

badseed:thanks WHRoeder, this would work, unfortunately each optimization run, could have a few hundred results... i need to find a way to automate it.

SummaryReport.

HowTo:SummaryReport.

Tester Control.

Equity Recorder.

Automated Optimization.

SomeMore.

Reason: