Can someone help a complete novice on how to insert a file into a folder please?

I am a bit of a novice with computers, have just purchased an autobot for trading forex and have been told to insert a couple of lines into, well this is what the manual says:-

If you already have MetaTrader 4 installed and updated, place the following files: forex1000pips_eurusd.ex4 forex1000pips_gbpusd.ex4

into C:/Program Files/xxxxx/experts, where xxxxx is the name of your MT4.

For example, the MT4 from FxPro is called FxPro - MetaTrader, and the complete path will look like this: C:/Program Files/FxPro - MetaTrader/experts.

Or it may look like C:\Program Files (x86)\FxPro MT4\experts.

Step 2. Relaunch MetaTrader 4 and skip to Step 3 below.

I know this is so basic for most of you, but it isn't for me....can someone please just give me a bit of help and tell this donkey what to do?

PS I use GKFX 

Thanks GW 

geoffrey1928:

into C:/Program Files/xxxxx/experts, where xxxxx is the name of your MT4.

tell this donkey what to do?
  1. Do what it says. Put it in the experts folder.
  2. Don't install in in \program files* on Vista/Win7

Hello Geoffrey,

Computers consist of two types of memory, ram and disk. Disk memory is literally just a spinning disk in your pc where your operating system (OS) is saved to. Your OS is like a filing cabinet storing folders where applications like windows media player, games like solitaire, etc are all saved to. All you gotta do according to your instructions is to locate the folder in your OS that will store your new expert advisor(s). Luckily for you it seems you only gotta deal with two .ex4 files and no library, template, indicator or include files :)

L-click the "Windows start button" (its the holographic rainbow colored flag circle button).

windows start button

L-click "Computer" and low and behold is a disk drive called "OS (C:)". This is the disk memory, My drive's runnin' on fumes as usual :) L-click the OS (C:) drive 2x.

disk drive snapshot

Once in the drive you're looking for a specific folder called Program files (86) (most likely if your runnin' 64-bit. If not, its Program files (x number).

program files (x number) snapshot

Double L-click Program Files (x number) and you'll search for a broker you are using to connect your PC to FOREX. Order of connection is as follows, FOREX->Broker->your pc's broker terminal.

Once you locate "your broker's name" folder you'll double L-click it and find a folder named "experts" then double L-click it to open it and drag-n'-drop both expert advisor files to the "experts" folder. You can also copy and paste, etc but if you have a question you'll post if you wish it. Open your terminal and you'll be able to locate your expert advisor files from there most likely.

A "funner" way to do all this is to use the handy-dandy Search programs and files search box. Just type in the name of your broker, right click the .exe broker terminal application which should pop up and select 'Open file location'. There you are and your experts folder is just waitin' for ya.

search box snapshot

If you have any trouble be sure to add a new post to this thread if you wish it.

Thank you

Reason: