Download MetaTrader 5

Performance Strategy Tester using Windows 8 - page 3

To add comments, please log in or register
Brian Lillard
Brian Lillard  
RaptorUK:

I just let the original version run for the same date range as I ran my modified version for a back to back comparison,  it took the same number of trades, some of the profits/losses were a tiny bit different, I assume due to a difference in spread.

Timings:  

Modified version  -   Started  12:58:39  Finished  13:00:19   Duration   1 min 40 seconds

Original version  -  Started  13:35:35   Finished  17:10:46  Duration  3 hrs 35 mins

Improvement    130 x quicker

Just FYI, one of the reasons I have a hard time with this EA is that once compiling it never updated the EA on the chart - and still doesn't. I may see it update the EA very rarely. Now that I have Windows 8, when I compile an EA that is doing a forward test - the EA does not show any changes made so of course I must remove the EA and drop the EA (and set the magic number) again.

I see a few new things you did there..Trailing stop and sound don't work too well yet..

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski  
Subgenius:

Just FYI, one of the reasons I have a hard time with this EA is that once compiling it never updated the EA on the chart - and still doesn't. I may see it update the EA very rarely. Now that I have Windows 8, when I compile an EA that is doing a forward test - the EA does not show any changes made so of course I must remove the EA and drop the EA (and set the magic number) again.

I see a few new things you did there..Trailing stop and sound don't work too well yet..

The biggest time gain will be from calling your 2 functions once per bar . . . the other change was using the #defines and comparing ints instead of strings . . . the rest was just so I could follow your code.
Dana Monteiro
Dana Monteiro  
What happened to the speed control in the Strategy Tester?
Zirkon
Zirkon  
Deuteronomy818:
What happened to the speed control in the Strategy Tester?
Nothing. You have to increase the size of the window, the control is hidden.
To add comments, please log in or register