Getting Confidence

I've been working on EA's for 5ish Months now, and i finally have one I feel quite happy with (Still not done, I'll never be 100% done untill I achieved the "grail" lol)

but i've come to a dilema, now its come down to me being scared to let my baby loose into the real world. I'm not to scared to loose my money (I'm only risking ~ $100)

it's just the thought of it, and ondering if i might have did something wrong that the testing didn't show, or that my broker disagrees with, and will kick me out for.

so here are my results:

Date 2011/01/01 - 2013/01/01

No Money management result:

Lot Size: 2 (Fixed)

Starting balance $10,000 

and the money management version (how i pan to trade it live)

2011/01/01 - 2013/01/01

Lot Size = Equity/2/1000

Starting Balance = $100

so, I would like your opinion, if you got these results, would you use them till you got something better? why?

and what do you look for before using your EA live?

Thaml you.

Nick_Black

p.s. avrage trade length is abour 2-4 hours ish. 

The result looks interesting, but you have a fairly large drawdown.

1. Try to test it on a larger period.
  2. Give it a try on a demo account.

Overall a good result, but is it not concerning that the majority of your profits come during a few good spells and the rest is relatively flat?

Following the statistics above you should definately rework your moneymanagement, because the stats look better in the 'fixed lotisize' version.

If you can afford it easily, trade live with a small account as soon as you are sure your EA works without errors

Looks promising! My 2 cents: Apart from work on money management and draw down (as already mentioned), I would suggest testing on longer period since 58 trades doesn't look enough to me - I would want at least 100 to be more certain it's not only few random winners keeping the EA afloat. Also, test your EA on different pairs and/or time frames. It helped my faith when I was able to optimize my EA to be profitable on several pairs with similar results in terms of profit factor, profit trade % and other metrics.

I found great tips how to test an EA and what sort of test results to look for in this book: [Trading Systems: A new approach to system development and portfolio optimisation] by  Tomasini and Jaekle.

Reason: