Download MetaTrader 5

leverage question

To add comments, please log in or register
preacher1
preacher1 2013.10.02 10:28 
which leverage is best to use for a beginner?
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2013.10.02 10:34  
preacher1:
which leverage is best to use for a beginner?
In my opinion, the better for a beginner is to start with a demo account (any leverage). Only when you get enough informed and experimented, such you can answer this question yourself, then you can start thinking to trade on a real account.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5
preacher1
preacher1 2013.10.02 10:50  
thanks, i have been using 1'500 with alpari closing to a year now and all i am getting is zero back, now i was introduce to a demo by hanteck and they only gave me 1'100 which is fetching me money though it is a demo account, all i know is that if i place an orderof 1 lot  of gold with alpari , it begins with 0;60 upward and un like hanteck , it just 0'20 or thereabout , what i come to know is that i quickly profit with little pips pop up/down unlike alpari which i have to waith for longer pps before i could get anythi ng , please advice thanks
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2013.10.02 11:10  
preacher1:
thanks, i have been using 1'500 with alpari closing to a year now and all i am getting is zero back, now i was introduce to a demo by hanteck and they only gave me 1'100 which is fetching me money though it is a demo account, all i know is that if i place an orderof 1 lot  of gold with alpari , it begins with 0;60 upward and un like hanteck , it just 0'20 or thereabout , what i come to know is that i quickly profit with little pips pop up/down unlike alpari which i have to waith for longer pps before i could get anythi ng , please advice thanks
What do you mean ?
preacher1
preacher1 2013.10.02 11:35  
i mean the leverage alpari is given 1'500 does not pay or profit quick, lets say you buy 1 lot of a gold and it give 15 pips upward, it will give you lesser profit unlike hanteck 
Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski 2013.10.02 11:42  
preacher1:
i mean the leverage alpari is given 1'500 does not pay or profit quick, lets say you buy 1 lot of a gold and it give 15 pips upward, it will give you lesser profit unlike hanteck 
Do the 2 Brokers have the same spread on Gold ?
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen 2013.10.02 12:36  
preacher1:
This is not a problem of leverage. 1:100 or 1:500 doesn't change that 1 lot is 1 lot and 15 pips is 15 pips. Check the spread like RaptorUK said, and also if both broker use same lot size (standard : 100 000 units, mini : 10 000 units, micro : 1 000 units).
Tonny Obare
Tonny Obare 2013.10.02 13:25  
1:100 best leverage but i agree with angevoyageur do more research before going live, higher leverage allows bigger profit that comes with bigger risk too. Leverage wont definitely be a reason for losing on one broker and not the other. But all in all take your time and google to find more about these terms.
To add comments, please log in or register