Reset the Historical of Magic Numbers

Hi All,

Is there an easy way to delete the old Magic Numbers generated by an EA? Where can I find the historical data of MN? Server or client? 

Thanks,

MG 

MacGiamma:

Hi All,

Is there an easy way to delete the old Magic Numbers generated by an EA? Where can I find the historical data of MN? Server or client?  

Do you mean the Magic Number stored with your Closed Order in the Order History ?  as far as I am aware you cannot change them.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant Raptor. I guess they must be stored in the server then and the only way to reset them is to open another account and apply the EA to the new account AARRGHHHHH

MacGiamma:
Yes, that's exactly what I meant Raptor. I guess they must be stored in the server then and the only way to reset them is to open another account and apply the EA to the new account AARRGHHHHH

I believe there is a local copy which is updated from the Server when a new order is closed. 

Perhaps you would like to explain what problem you are trying to solve ?  there might be another way other than the solution you are trying to apply.   Why can't you change the Magic Number in your EA ?

MacGiamma:
Magic Number is never sent to server. Magic Number is not essential for opening position. Only : symbol, lot, open price, open type, sl, tp and slippage, that is sent to server

phi.nuts:
Magic Number is never sent to server. Magic Number is not essential for opening position. Only : symbol, lot, open price, open type, sl, tp and slippage. 
So if login to my account on a different PC and retrieve my Order History I cannot get the Magic Numbers from the Order History using OrderMagicNumber() ?

RaptorUK:
So if login to my account on a different PC and retrieve my Order History I cannot get the Magic Numbers from the Order History using OrderMagicNumber() ?

You're right ;), I was about to delete that, but you reply. I guess somebody was lying to me :(

phi.nuts:
You're right ;), I was about to delete that, but you reply. I guess somebody was lying to me :(
LOL :-)  maybe not a lie,  perhaps just a simple communication of incorrect information ;-)

RaptorUK:
LOL :-)  maybe not a lie,  perhaps just a simple communication of incorrect information ;-)

There are problems with MQL5 signal for MT4. Actually, most MQL5 signal's problems I deal with is related to MT4, not to MT5 (yet). I thought that because MQL5 signal is designed for MT5 and  MT5 is position based and MT4 is ticket based.

However, user fxyekim, a MT4 signal provider create a testing signal using manual order - not using any EA, and viola !!!, he reports the problem disappear !. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8941/page14#comment_410942 

I emailed some people I know who work for brokers, and they say that MN is not sent to server. But after I post my comment above, things gets clicks together, I realize that, that is wrong :(.

phi.nuts:

There are problems with MQL5 signal for MT4. Actually, most MQL5 signal's problems I deal with is related to MT4, not to MT5 (yet). I thought that because MQL5 signal is designed for MT5 and  MT5 is position based and MT4 is ticket based.

However, one signal provider create a testing signal using manual order - not using any EA, and viola !!!, he reports the problem disappear !.  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8941/page14#comment_410942 

I emailed some people I know who work for brokers, and they say that MN is not sent to server. But after I post my comment above, things gets clicks together, I realize that, that is wrong :(.

Off topic .. . but, I see many potential issues with sending signals, I've not investigated if they have been addressed with the MT5/MT4 signals system.  Maybe I will take the time to understand more some day.

MacGiamma: Is there an easy way to delete the old Magic Numbers generated by an EA?
Why do you care? Just change the magic number the EA uses, and it should filter out all the old trades because the numbers don't match.
Reason: