Same copy of EA does not work on the same broker platform on a remote computer in Europe!!! - page 3

HQFOREXSIGNALS:

We have also looked at the Journal and Expert log for any error including Function error numbers of order send and did not find any. It seems that something is not letting EA to open the trade. Is it possible for another program do this this or if multiple copies of MT4 are running at the same time this happens? Anyhow the codes are as follow:

int ticket1b=OrderSend(pair,OP_BUY,1,ask,30*point,0,0,"DD1",1,0,Green);

int ticket1s=OrderSend(pair,OP_SELL,1,bid,30*point,0,0,"DD1",2,0,Red);

What is the value of pair,  ask, bid  ( compared to Ask & Bid)  ?  where do these values come from ?  

Your value for slippage is incorrect,  look at the documentation,  OrderSend()   slippage is an int not a double.  Add a line of code before the OrderSend . . .

Print("Trying to place order . . .");

Then check the experts tab/log to see if it gets printed,  if it doesn't then you aren't trying to place the Order,  if it does your OrderSend() has failed . . .   are you checking the value of  ticket1b and ticket1s to see if they are -1 and printing the relevant error to the log ?

RaptorUK:

He means this . . .

Yes, as I have explained before, we have placed different messaging functions in different parts of EA body plus get error functions. We have also checked journal and expert log and no error message. 

RaptorUK:

What is the value of pair,  ask, bid  ( compared to Ask & Bid)  ?  where do these values come from ?  

Your value for slippage is incorrect,  look at the documentation,  OrderSend()     slippage is an int not a double.  Add a line of code before the OrderSend . . .

Then check the experts tab/log to see if it gets printed,  if it doesn't then you aren't trying to place the Order,  if it does your OrderSend() has failed . . .   are you checking the value of  ticket1b and ticket1s to see if they are -1 and printing the relevant error to the log ?

The pair, in our case, refers to EURUSD. ask and bid come from the market price and the same slippage of 30*points we are using for other traders and it is working with no problem at all. Since our program works only with 5 digit feeding price that's why we are showing the slippage as 30 x point. If it is wrong then why it works on other member's accounts? 

Is it possible if a member running multiple instances of MT4 on his computer or running a VPN that would cause problem for trading execution? 

Debug your code, you can post another billion messages here, nobody can help you. You are not showing anything for helping you.

Also, I assume this is not a free service you are offering, so if you are not able to fix the problem, engage a professional to do the job.

HQFOREXSIGNALS:

The pair, in our case, refers to EURUSD. ask and bid come from the market price and the same slippage of 30*points we are using for other traders and it is working with no problem at all. Since our program works only with 5 digit feeding price that's why we are showing the slippage as 30 x point. If it is wrong then why it works on other member's accounts? 

It doesn't work . . .  you just aren't aware that it isn't working . . .  when you place an order and you need slippage to get your order placed  THEN you will find out that it is not working and then you can say . . .  "I wish I had listened to Raptor's free advice"

You don't need to believe me,  check for yourself, read the documentation,  30 * double  ( point is a double )  == a double,  the slippage parameter in OrderSend uses a int,  or even try to place a manual Order with Alpari,  at the bottom of the window is a box that says  "Maximum deviation    pips"  try entering  30 * point = 0.00030   in there.

Whoever your coder is . .  perhaps you need to ask for a refund.

Dear RaptorUK:

I really appreciate your support and answer on the initial question. This means a lot and it shows that you are really trying to help and care. I understand your point and I accept, however, shouldn't the program output error? As you have said " you just aren't aware that it isn't working". Are you suggesting that the program overlooks this problem and execute the signals sometimes. Because, this is what is happening right now, but, only on non English speaking computers!!!

Anyhow, we will try to test the EA using a digit number as the slippage value or slippage=0 and see what will happen. I will let you and other readers posted.

Thank you for the all the help you have provided so far.

HQFOREXSIGNALS:

Dear RaptorUK:

I really appreciate your support and answer on the initial question. This means a lot and it shows that you are really trying to help and care. I understand your point and I accept, however, shouldn't the program output error? As you have said " you just aren't aware that it isn't working". Are you suggesting that the program overlooks this problem and execute the signals sometimes. Because, this is what is happening right now, but, only on non English speaking computers!!!

Anyhow, we will try to test the EA using a digit number as the slippage value or slippage=0 and see what will happen. I will let you and other readers posted.

I don't believe that the value for slippage that you are using is causing your issue, but it does call into question the quality of your code.

Finding where your problem lies should be a trivial task . . .  I can't say it will be trivial to fix without first knowing what the cause is.  Adding a few Print statements in a few key places will tell you where you need to look to narrow down the issue.  for example:

• are the OrderSend()  calls actually being executed ?  add a Print directly before each OrderSend()
  • is the OrderSend() failing ?  add a check for the return value and print the error
  • is the data being received/decoded correctly ?  add a Print to print the data directly after the code that reads/decodes the data

Dear RaptorUK:

This is Kevin. Remember me. We finally found out what the problem was: Each broker has a different stop level and as a result if the pip distance between TP and opening price is higher than the min. stop level allowed by each broker then the modify function of our Tradecopier will not work and no trade is also opened. Now, the problem is fixed. Thank you so much fo your support and help.

HQFOREXSIGNALS:

Dear RaptorUK:

This is Kevin. Remember me. We finally found out what the problem was: Each broker has a different stop level and as a result if the pip distance between TP and opening price is higher than the min. stop level allowed by each broker then the modify function of our Tradecopier will not work and no trade is also opened. Now, the problem is fixed. Thank you so much fo your support and help.

Glad to hear you found the cause and were able to fix it.
Reason: