TickValue - page 2

I work around problems like that by having a global configuration file with limitations/restrictions that only apply to specific brokers. My config logic then looks for those special cases and translates values or changes behaviour. Like with timezones specific to every broker. For example I have in it the Alpari 2 lot restriction of micro accounts, or the Oanda limitation to not use order comments and not to use magic numbers with pending orders.

I suppose it is an unregulated broker. Alternatively you can report this problem to the adhoc regulator.

Thank you for bring this important issue to our attention.

Edit:

By checking in a broker I use this tickvalue problem, I found this:

Here too, there is an error on Tickvalue. The good value must be 1.0, but it's obviously calculated based on Point and not Ticksize.

This an evidence that effectively even in a reputable and regulated broker, error can take place.

fx1.net: 
Perhaps because it's a Macro Account? When you deposit $100, does it show up as $100, $10,000 or $100,000?

i had experienced like this too..

the broker chart is EURUSD-m  account MIKRO

but the balance is in USD.. not  USD Cent .. that cause the tick value is so small

fx1.net:

WHRoeder,

if you check this screenshoot then your method should not work reliable on non-basecurrency pairs. On Left side is the "problematic-broker" and on right side is another broker. I personally think nothing can replace TickValue.

I realize this is an old post, but appears still open ended.

It seems in order to protect the EA from being run through any of these brokers, a simple filter should be used (at least I'm putting them on mine now) to the effect:

Shutting down the EA and/or not let it start for such brokers. I'll just add it to my Critical filter list.

If (MarketInfo("symbol here",MODE_TICKVALUE))<0.1 {
//safety global variable here, which would shut down EA and/or prevent it from starting, and close positions (if open).
// pop up alert "EA will not work with this Broker due to MODE_TICKVALUE conflict. Please contact EA developer for details"
}

WDholic:

i had experienced like this too..

the broker chart is EURUSD-m account MIKRO

but the balance is in USD.. not USD Cent .. that cause the tick value is so small

But if it were a Cents, versus Dollars discrepancy, then the TICKVALUE would only have been 2 digits off. The Picture posted above by OP shows . 0001 TICKVALUE

So that is 4 digits off, rather than just 2. This means to me that it could not have been a Cents versus Dollars issue that was causing it. However that's not to say that different brokers do not have different unrelated issues, only that the OP's issue would not have been Cents versus Dollars issue. jmho

Reason: