How to convert the price difference into a whole number? - page 2

Marco vd Heijden: if High-Low = 0.0000300, he doesn't want a double 0.0000300 but he wants integer 300.

That is the OP's question which has already been answered!

@Ivan Negreshniy is asking a different question but due to translation issues I don't understand what he is asking. It is however something different to what was asked by the OP!

Fernando Carreiro:

Sorry, but you seem to be using Google translate and all it is doing is creating complete confusion. I can't understand anything you are trying to communicate!

I've thinking that if limit the timeframes, perhaps the proposed your scheme with a condensed structure int64 will solve the problem, thanks again...

ps I'm using mql5 forum in-built translation

Ivan Negreshniy: I've thinking that if limit the timeframes, perhaps the proposed your scheme with a condensed structure int64 will solve the problem, thanks again...

You are welcome, but I still don't understand your original query nor what it has to do with time-frames.

Ivan Negreshniy: ps I'm using mql5 forum in-built translation

Try using Google translate. Maybe it is better than MQL5 translation!

Fernando Carreiro:

You are welcome, but I still don't understand your original query nor what it has to do with time-frames.

large timeframes large delta in points.

Ivan Negreshniy: large timeframes large delta in points.

OK, understood. But you can experiment and adjust the number of bits to fit the requirements and if necessary remove the least significant bits.

Fernando Carreiro:

OK, understood. But you can experiment and adjust the number of bits to fit the requirements and if necessary remove the least significant bits.

Yes, it is desirable to remove the least significant bits in order to reduce the sensitivity, but you can not lose important characteristics such as a bar (bearish bullish)

Moreover, it is desirable to increase the significance of the sign Open-Close

Ivan Negreshniy: Yes, it is desirable to remove the least significant bits in order to reduce the sensitivity, but you can not lose important characteristics such as a bar (bearish bullish)

Another way is not to align to bit boundaries but to create a single decimal value alignment and convert the entire value into binary. That should help reduce the number of bits by one or two.

Eg. OHLC: 1.21031/ 1.21054 / 1.21029 / 1.21030 becomes 121031002399989999 -> convert to binary.

Fernando Carreiro:

Another way is not to align to bit boundaries but to create a single decimal value alignment and convert the entire value into binary. That should help reduce the number of bits.

Eg. OHLC: 1.21031/ 1.21054 / 1.21029 / 1.21030 becomes 121031002399989999 -> convert to binary.

Preferably work with points, so that the values for bars for different currency pairs were similar

ideally, visually similar bars for different currency pairs should have similar values

Ivan Negreshniy: Preferably work with points, so that the values for bars for different currency pairs were similar

My example is with points!

Reason: