Symbols followed by v

Could anyone please explain the different between pairs that are followed by v?

ie- GBP/JPY to GBP/JPYv?

The explanation from my broker was not entirely clear!

This was the response:

"For those couples who have a name is a symbol "v" you can deals less than one minute.

00:01:28

Trading operations on these symbols outbid at the big banks. According to the characters there is a real market conditions (size of the spread and others).

I do not understand the "less than one minute" part? Surely Market Execution eliminates this part? And also "there is real market conditions"? One would assume there is allways real market conditions??

A Broker can change a Symbol's name to "Pancakes" if they wanted. The Rep is trying to say that Symbols with v ... Scalping is allowed upon. Chances are the Symbols with the v is their ECN or Non-Dealing-Desk platform/prices.

ubzen:
A Broker can change a Symbol's name to "Pancakes" if they wanted. The Rep is trying to say that Symbols with v ... Scalping is allowed upon. Chances are the Symbols with the v is their ECN or Non-Dealing-Desk platform/prices.

Thanks, makes a bit more sense when explained like that.

So being that all there Forex, Indices and commodoties all end in v, does this mean that the seperate set off Majors without ending in v allow for different profit, loss and margin levels as i tend to stay away from them as the charts read and very rarely make bigger moves compared with the ones with v that i trade on?

iannai69: Thanks, makes a bit more sense when explained like that.
So being that all there Forex, Indices and commodoties all end in v, does this mean that the seperate set off Majors without ending in v allow for different profit, loss and margin levels as i tend to stay away from them as the charts read and very rarely make bigger moves compared with the ones with v that i trade on?
... without ending in v allow for different profit, loss and margin levels ... Yes, they're trying to encourage you to use the ones with the "v". If the regular ones have higher spreads etc then stay away from them. However, the ones with the v probably have commissions associated with the orders. You'll want to do your own cost analysis, because we don't know what your commissions or spreads are. Usually the ones with sub-pip spreads [aka real market conditions] and low-commissions are better for trading.  

So this would explain the raise in spreads up to 8/9 pips in some cases? So would that mean the regular pairs then oprerate under a dealing desk, something i nearly opted for elsewhere until advice told me better. Without real market conditions then where do said conditions generate from?

I now understand the commisions and costs that come with my broker, so when looking at signals etc and the pair has, say an m or n following, for example. This is just the same pair but with a different letter or would this effect any kind of trade trying to be executed, namely, would a difference in broker price effect the equity in the trade? 

Sorry to ask so many questions but there are still alot of things i need to undratand.

So this would explain the raise in spreads up to 8/9 pips in some cases? Yes, that's what I meant by discourage.

Without real market conditions then where do said conditions generate from? The Broker decides all conditions in every-case. They just keep the spreads low with ECN because they want to be competitive. Example not all brokers ECN spreads are equal. Some brokers ECN don't even have spread less than 1Pip. Or the Commissions could be worse than 1Pip spreads.

would a difference in broker price effect the equity in the trade? That is a loaded question, I'll recommend you learn Forex Basics from http://www.babypips.com/school/. Forum is for coding questions. However, to answer this question, just because you see a Prefix or Suffix after a Symbol name does-not mean it's better or worse. Like I said the Broker can call any symbol whatever they want. Usually tho EURUSDx means EURUSD, no way to tell if its the Standard-Account Version, or the Nano-Account Version or the ECN Version.

If you're looking at a Signal Service, It's probably best to ask the Signal Provider for the Full_List of his Market_Info Properties. If his Market-Environment is better than yours than it could probably make a difference in performance and equity needed to trade.

ubzen:

So this would explain the raise in spreads up to 8/9 pips in some cases? Yes, that's what I meant by discourage.

Without real market conditions then where do said conditions generate from? The Broker decides all conditions in every-case. They just keep the spreads low with ECN because they want to be competitive. Example not all brokers ECN spreads are equal. Some brokers ECN don't even have spread less than 1Pip. Or the Commissions could be worse than 1Pip spreads.

would a difference in broker price effect the equity in the trade? That is a loaded question, I'll recommend you learn Forex Basics from http://www.babypips.com/school/. Forum is for coding questions. However, to answer this question, just because you see a Prefix or Suffix after a Symbol name does-not mean it's better or worse. Like I said the Broker can call any symbol whatever they want. Usually tho EURUSDx means EURUSD, no way to tell if its the Standard-Account Version, or the Nano-Account Version or the ECN Version.

If you're looking at a Signal Service, It's probably best to ask the Signal Provider for the Full_List of his Market_Info Properties. If his Market-Environment is better than yours than it could probably make a difference in performance and equity needed to trade.

Thanks for the advice and for the link, helped alot.

And yes, i will try to remember with my posts/questions that this is a forum for code based questions.

Reason: