Is it possible to get a trade signal from a stock and trade the Index itself?

Can this be done on MT4?

If it is how?

Thanks in advance.

You can only trade what your broker allows. Market Watch (control-m) right click -> show all.

They are both tradeable. Actually I tried to ask getting buy/sell signal from let's say IBM, but trade Dow Jones Index (CFD). 

xlord:
They are both tradeable. Actually I tried to ask getting buy/sell signal from let's say IBM, but trade Dow Jones Index (CFD). 
Most questions here are mql4 programming and based or about forex. Hopefully other forumer that have stock knowledge can answer you. You also may have better luck asking that question in other forum - like stock forum.

xlord:

I did ask a friend about this, too risky she said. Index is composed/consist of several stocks, one stocks does not describe the whole index.

Say, IBM price is down, but Apple, Dell, and other PC manufacturer may up, and therefore the index price become the opposite of IBM price - going up. 

xlord:

Can this be done on MT4?

Yes

If it is how?

it depends on your signal

let's say for example your signal is a cross over the 13 SMA on the 26 SMA

double SMA13 = iMA(NULL, 0, 13, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);
double SMA26 = iMA(NULL, 0, 26, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);

if (SMA13 < SMA26)
   {
   OrderSend("NASDAQ",.......)
   }

take in mind it's only an idea & u r supposed 2 deal with a few things when u send an order to different Symbol()

Thanks a lot for the replies. phi.nuts, I know it is risky but some imperfect and shallow markets this happens to my backtest reports.  qjol this is the answer I've been looking for, much appreciated.
Reason: