It appears the MQL5 / MT5 is an epic fail.

Because of it's complexity and it's cutting off the throats of a lot of programmers and traders that are well versed in MQL4.  With that said how long will MQL4 survive?  Will MT5 fail to ever phase out MT5?  I'm hoping not because in my opinion it really sucks.  

felt the same way at first.... got over it.

I like the timeframes in MT5.

Makes things more.... symmetric 

I don't like it at all. Too hard to convert indicators. It's a totally different language and too complicated for amateur / small programmers. I'm sure the more seasoned programmers are up to the challenge but I would rather put that type of thought/time/energy into trading rather than programming. For me the whole idea of having open source indicators was for the traders but mql5 is for the programmers. This new concept is too commercial.

england33:
I don't like it at all. Too hard to convert indicators. It's a totally different language and too complicated for amateur / small programmers.  
Most things are "too hard" until one takes the time to learn them . . .  I'm sure many people on this Forum will say that MQL4 is "too hard".  I have converted one of my "indicators" to MT5 . . .  it wasn't too hard but I did learn that it isn't a straight forward line for line conversion.  From what I saw I think I would like to code using it . . .   but there are obvious disincentives to me switching.

I converted a special super version of xtrader to mql5 a year ago and it worked fine but when i was about to enter it to the 2012 championship i tested it and discovered it no longer works. I dont know what was changed in mql5 to cause this but i suspect something in the trade request structure because i took a quick look and saw they had done away with some constants. Ive been too busy coding mql4 jobs from my site that i forgot about the champ. I think mql5 should be termed mql5/mt5 beta if you have been downloading the platform for the last two years you would know why. I know it would be better but could they release it after they have "finished" creating it?

raptor could carry this matter forward to his bosses

tonny:
raptor could carry this matter forward to his bosses
I don't have any Bosses.

I see you don't honor my opinion and you didn't listen. You are only talking from your own perspective as someone that obviously have more programming knowledge than I and more than I care too have.

RaptorUK:
I don't have any Bosses.

no but your for the big guys.  

england33:

no but your for the big guys.  
Sorry,  I don't understand what you mean ?  perhaps you could explain ?

RaptorUK:
Sorry,  I don't understand what you mean ?  perhaps you could explain ?

Perhaps you could explain to us why this is?   ;)
Reason: