Should I first uninstall MT4 from my PC and only then to download MT4 from the broker?

To add comments, please log in or register
Israel
Israel  

Hi,

Please let me know - if I already have MT4 downloaded from this site in my PC and now would like to download MT4 from a broker platform, that I'm going to start to work with, should I first uninstall MT4 from my PC and only then to download MT4 from the broker or it doesn't matter?

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski  
Israel:

Hi,

Please let me know - if I already have MT4 downloaded from this site in my PC and now would like to download MT4 from a broker platform, that I'm going to start to work with, should I first uninstall MT4 from my PC and only then to download MT4 from the broker or it doesn't matter?

If you want to install it to the same directory I would first uninstall the existing installation . . . .    but don't install to Program Files directory,  instead use something like C:\MT4Installs\
Israel
Israel  
Thank you!
Israel
Israel  
By the way, what would you suggest to people who trade with several brokers and each of these brokers suggest to install their version of MT4 - to install each MT4 in a separate directory, like C:\broker1_MT4\, C:\broker2_MT4\, etc? So all this MT4s will not interfere with each other?
Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski  
Israel:
By the way, what would you suggest to people who trade with several brokers and each of these brokers suggest to install their version of MT4 - to install each MT4 in a separate directory, like C:\broker1_MT4\, C:\broker2_MT4\, etc? So all this MT4s will not interfere with each other?
Yes,  hence the reason I suggested C:\MT4Installs\  then you can have   C:\MT4Installs\Broker1\   and  C:\MT4Installs\Broker2\  etc. 
Israel
Israel  
Thank you, now it's absolutely clear.
To add comments, please log in or register