Should I first uninstall MT4 from my PC and only then to download MT4 from the broker?

Hi,

Please let me know - if I already have MT4 downloaded from this site in my PC and now would like to download MT4 from a broker platform, that I'm going to start to work with, should I first uninstall MT4 from my PC and only then to download MT4 from the broker or it doesn't matter?

Israel:

Hi,

Please let me know - if I already have MT4 downloaded from this site in my PC and now would like to download MT4 from a broker platform, that I'm going to start to work with, should I first uninstall MT4 from my PC and only then to download MT4 from the broker or it doesn't matter?

If you want to install it to the same directory I would first uninstall the existing installation . . . .    but don't install to Program Files directory,  instead use something like C:\MT4Installs\

Thank you!

By the way, what would you suggest to people who trade with several brokers and each of these brokers suggest to install their version of MT4 - to install each MT4 in a separate directory, like C:\broker1_MT4\, C:\broker2_MT4\, etc? So all this MT4s will not interfere with each other?

Israel:
By the way, what would you suggest to people who trade with several brokers and each of these brokers suggest to install their version of MT4 - to install each MT4 in a separate directory, like C:\broker1_MT4\, C:\broker2_MT4\, etc? So all this MT4s will not interfere with each other?
Yes,  hence the reason I suggested C:\MT4Installs\  then you can have   C:\MT4Installs\Broker1\   and  C:\MT4Installs\Broker2\  etc. 

Thank you, now it's absolutely clear.