charles 2.1.8 - page 3

ppcassidy:

I'm sorry - i think there's something lost in translation. 'place it on one chart with in Symbols the charts you wanna have run' - are you saying that you can only run this on one pair at a time when in strategy tester mode?

Click the link I gave and read . . . I quoted the important bit,  I can read it for you too but that won't help . . .

I will read it, thanks Raptor.

So we can only test on one pair at a time. So there is no way of knowing how this will perform in realtime with multiple strategies?

ppcassidy:

I will read it, thanks Raptor.

So we can only test on one pair at a time. So there is no way of knowing how this will perform in realtime with multiple strategies?

There is a way,  re-code it for MT5

Hey Raptor,

Man you must live on this forum....MT5? Ouch, just getting to grips with MT4 plus MT5 isn't supported by my broker (though I know I could get a demo account with a broker who supports it).

Didn't I read somewhere that you can not do hedging in MT5? - Maybe I'm mistaken...

Finally,  is there any learning material now available for MT5 other than that big ass reference book with 5 million pages?? :-)

ppcassidy:

Hey Raptor,

1.  Man you must live on this forum....MT5? Ouch, just getting to grips with MT4 plus MT5 isn't supported by my broker (though I know I could get a demo account with a broker who supports it).

2.  Didn't I read somewhere that you can not do hedging in MT5? - Maybe I'm mistaken...

3.  Finally,  is there any learning material now available for MT5 other than that big ass reference book with 5 million pages?? :-)

1.  live on my PC so it's no trouble to keep an eye on what is going on here . . 

2.  Correct.

3.  Only the Documentation as far as I know . . .  and maybe a Book to buy 

Nice Raptor!!

Well I appreciate your work. I'm jumping the gun on this for sure but  is there a work around for the hedging issue for mt5?

Thanks,

Paul 

ppcassidy:

Nice Raptor!!

Well I appreciate your work. I'm jumping the gun on this for sure but  is there a work around for the hedging issue for mt5?

With a single terminal ? no,  but you can still achieve the same effect as hedging . . .  but in a less costly way,  instead of having a long position of 1 lot and a short position of 1 lot you have no position,  the result is the same but without paying the spread,  twice.

I take it you're not an exponent of hedging EAs?

ppcassidy:

I take it you're not an exponent of hedging EAs?

Did I write something that was incorrect ? 

I am not implying that you have. I am not in a position to argue the validity (or lack thereof) of hedging strategies. I was merely asking if that was what you were implying :-) 

Reason: