charles 2.1.8 - page 2

ppcassidy:

Hey Raptor,

Thanks for answering my message. I appreciate you having a look at this. Any ideas? I'm testing it on MB Trading demo account.

I am going through the code now. Like I said, I'm a relative newbie (though I have a programming background) so it's laborious trying to make  sense of the code.

But let's start with the above.

Thanks,

Paul 

extern string Comment_1           = " -- Comma separated list of Symbol Pairs: EURUSD,USDCHF";
extern string Comment_1a          = " --- must be equal to the string of your account provider.";
extern string Symbols             = "EURUSDm,EURGBPm,EURJPYm,CHFJPYm,GBPUSDm,GBPJPYm,GBPCHFm,GBPAUDm,USDCADm,USDCHFm,USDJPYm,AUDNZDm,AUDUSDm,NZDUSDm";

means if you test this on your strategytester

you have to make input Symbols   USDJPY    if you test it on this currency 

Hey Raptor,

You wrote:

"This thread title is charles 2.1.8 . . . your image suggests you are using version 2.1.5 . . . what version are you using ?

What do you have TrailingAmout set to ?"

Where do I download 2.1.8? I downloaded the only one  I saw on the thread....

I had not altered the TrailingAmount from what it was on the original download.

Hey DeVries

You wrote:

"means if you test this on your strategytester

you have to make input Symbols USDJPY if you test it on this currency " 

Well I have inputted the symbols, both as individual pairs i.e.

extern string Symbols = "USDJPY";

And as a string of supported pairs

extern string Symbols             = "EURUSDm,EURGBPm,EURJPYm,CHFJPYm,GBPUSDm,GBPJPYm,GBPCHFm,GBPAUDm,USDCADm,USDCHFm,USDJPYm,AUDNZDm,AUDUSDm,NZDUSDm";

Both have thrown up the above error...am I missing your point?

Any ideas guys? Thanks for your help.....

Paul 

ppcassidy:

Hey Raptor,

Where do I download 2.1.8? I downloaded the only one  I saw on the thread....

I had not altered the TrailingAmount from what it was on the original download.

Which thread ?  the codebase contains both versions:  https://www.mql5.com/en/code/10823

ppcassidy:

Hey DeVries

Well I have inputted the symbols, both as individual pairs i.e.

extern string Symbols = "USDJPY";

And as a string of supported pairs

Both have thrown up the above error...am I missing your point?

You need to enter the correct symbol name,  USDJPY and USDJPYm are not likely to be both correct for your terminal . . .

Please post a screenshot showing any USDJPY chart so we can check the symbol name . . . 

I looked closer to your Symbol name it is for you   with a .   ( point )  after symbol name   so make it   

USDJPY.      only then do the test if you place it on your account and do trading then you can make it like

the way it was written in the string with the names ofcours  written  correctly with  a     .  

your broker is using suffix  . 

// Broker's use a variety of nameing patterns: EURUSD, EURUSDm, "EURUSD.",
   // "EURUSD..", "EURUSD#",  "EUR.USD", "EUR/USD", "EURUSD.stp", "EURUSDct".

That seems to have solved the issue with the symbol names. I put the 'USDJPY.' in the string and yes it went through fine.

Now it is really eye rolling time...I have another question 

It is not working for multiple pairs, only the one which I have in the MT4 drop down menu - which happened to be USDJPY at this point.

But I have to change the drop down menu to another pair and still then I have to remove the other pairs from the string.

How can I run this on multiple pairs?

Sorry for the undoubtedly newbie question.

Thanks guys as always.

Paul 

ppcassidy:

That seems to have solved the issue with the symbol names. I put the 'USDJPY.' in the string and yes it went through fine.

It is not working for multiple pairs, only the one which I have in the MT4 drop down menu - which happened to be USDJPY at this point.

But I have to change the drop down menu to another pair and still then I have to remove the other pairs from the string.

In the Strategy Tester ?  you cannot . . .

From here:   Testing Features and Limits in MetaTrader 4

"Trading is permitted for the symbol under test only, no portfolio testing

Attempts to trade using another symbol will return error"

ppcassidy:

Sorry for the undoubtedly newbie question.

Thanks guys as always.

Paul 

Hey DeVries

You wrote:

"means if you test this on your strategytester

you have to make input Symbols USDJPY if you test it on this currency "      That's   for Testing

extern string Symbols = "EURUSD.,EURGBP.,EURJPY.,CHFJPY.,GBPUSD.,GBPJPY.,GBPCHF.,GBPAUD.,USDCAD.,USDCHF.,USDJPY.,AUDNZD.,AUDUSD.,NZDUSD.";

Run it on Demo place it on one chart with in Symbols the charts you wanna have run

I'm sorry - i think there's something lost in translation. 'place it on one chart with in Symbols the charts you wanna have run' - are you saying that you can only run this on one pair at a time when in strategy tester mode?

ppcassidy:

I'm sorry - i think there's something lost in translation. 'place it on one chart with in Symbols the charts you wanna have run' - are you saying that you can only run this on one pair at a time when in strategy tester mode?

in strategy tester you can only choose one symbol for testing because you have only one symbol for testing each time

but that line means it can trade more currency the same time on your account in live time

the currency you choose in that line 

Reason: