Suppress Trade Details in Strategy Tester and Optimization Reports

Trying to figure out how to suppress the Trades (TESTDETAILS) in both the Strategy Tester and Optimization reports.

The htm files in the Templates folder provides the format for these report, but it is not what generates them.

So far I have been unable to find & figure out what is generating them and if it is possible and how to suppress the Trades (TESTDETAILS) in these Reports.

Any ideas?

What do you mean by "suppressing the Trades (TESTDETAILS) in both the Strategy Tester and Optimizatoin reports"?

Please be more specific and detailed.

It seems to me that you have two questions.

1. What generates "TESTDETAILS" in both Strategy tester and Optimization reports?

2. How can I suppress the trades (TESTDETAILS) in both Strategy tester and Optimization reports?

Am I right?

Thank you FourX.

WhooDoo22:

What do you mean by "suppressing the Trades (TESTDETAILS) in both the Strategy Tester and Optimizatoin reports"?

Please be more specific and detailed.

It seems to me that you have two questions.

1. What generates "TESTDETAILS" in both Strategy tester and Optimization reports?

2. How can I suppress the trades (TESTDETAILS) in both Strategy tester and Optimization reports?

Am I right?

Thank you FourX.

Hi WhooDoo

In the html templates the place where the trade table where all of the actual trading activity goes in the reports is called 'TESTDETAILS'

I want to be able to generate Tester Strategy Back Test and Optimization reports with out all of the actual trade <-> terminal info.

I'm getting report files that are 3/4 GB with all of the actual trading info and details in it and to say that they are unwieldy and unworkable is and understatement. I don't need all of these. I just want the data break down analysis and synopsis and the graph.

Understood. I have never tried this. I am familiar with live/demo account balance statements called "StatementDetailed.htm" contained within the MetaTrader4 folder -> templates subfolder. If I get a chance, I'll be sure to take a look around in my MT4 terminal folder and attempt to conjure up a possible solution.

Thank you.

Like I said, the HTML files are only the format for the reports, not the app that berates them. Not seeing anything else, i think that these must be native and incorporated into Terminal.exe. Which means that they are not directly accessible. Which I guess leaves generating them directly with MQL files?

Found this article with an excellent testing report:

How to Evaluate the Expert Testing Results

Just need to add the .set file contents now
Reason: