zigzag question - page 2

So you believe this program will work equally well on M1 as it would on H4? If thats the case, why not use the smallest time-frame? that'll give you more trades.

You are right again. Obviously when strategy is completely written up that would make sense, but it also makes sense to test the strategy on higher time frames to confirm that all functions are working as commanded. Unless you believe that you would like to try to keep up mentally with all trades performed on a 5m timeframe. ;) I think I will give my mind a little break.

Which ZagZag indicator do you use? Place the link here.

I cannot place link there because I have not written up a revised version of ZigZag that will fulfill my objective to complete the task that I have set out for it to do.

This brings me back to where I started with becoming knowledgeable with custom indicators specififcally zigzag. On a side note, I personally believe it a bit silly to name strategies things like "scalper", "martingale" etc. because those types of strategies perform under specific market conditions that change. It can be done, but obviously I am coding and trading permanently, so my strategy will do the same. Realistically there is no point for me to create a strategy that conforms to specific market conditions. Just my 2 cents.

What is even funnier is the fact that all forex market currency pairs are all comprised of the same thing. I'll just go ahead and define forex... :)

any forex currency pair=resistance/support. 'nough said. Then I see all these "holy grail" strategies like scalping and martingale and grid and grandma's cookies... LOL!

This list of modification is for Visual_Aid, helpful for a manual trader but does very little for an Expert Advisor. I taught you wanted to put your strategy to the test?

1. Color indicator buffer 1 blue when moving up and color indicator buffer 2 red when moving down.

2. Create "fractals" of color red when new upper is met and create "fractals" of color blue when new lower is met.

3. Write bid prices above "fractals" of color red and Write ask prices below "fractals" of color blue.

1=Color

2=More Color, But this time Fractal in Reverse_Color to #1.

3=Basically the Price of the Fractal.

All you need is Number 3, Sell@Bid(Upside) and Buy@Ask(DownSide). Turn this into an Ea, get your answers and worry about the pretty stuff later.

Yes, I do want to put the strategy to the test. Coding a revised version of the ZigZag indicator might take a few days or weeks. Just depends on how much time I can spare AND how quickly things click in my brain.

Thank you for your support so far and in all sincerity does this not make completely utterly "no-brainer" sense?

Thank you for your support so far and in all sincerity does this not make completely utterly "no-brainer" sense? No, it really does not, sorry.

I am sorry, I hope that I did not offend you! My intentions were not to offend you. What is it that you don't understand?

WhooDoo22:
I am sorry, I hope that I did not offend you! My intentions were not to offend you. What is it that you don't understand?
The coding would better help me understand. I'll be looking to see if you produce any. Until then good_luck.
Reason: