Standard EA setting default for specific EA only

Hi All,

I have an EA that needs to be configured with "Allow DLL imports". I can either set this every time I attach this EA (that is annoying) to the chart or set it by default - but it will affect all other EAs. Is there any way to set defaults for particular EA only?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Set the default settings in Tools Options Expert Advisors tab. For individual settings when you load the indicator/advisor click on the common tab when the advisor/indicator asks you to enter starting values for it to use.

Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

options -> server -> Keep personal settings and data at startup.

Enable DLLs. done.

WHRoeder:

Don't install in \program files* on Vista/Win7

options -> server -> Keep personal settings and data at startup.

Enable DLLs. done.

Thanks, but it's not very useful - "program files" is an installation default - I can do it on my developer PC, but I can't expect from all other users to do so...

BMichael:
Thanks, but it's not very useful - "program files" is an installation default - I can do it on my developer PC, but I can't expect from all other users to do so...
Add it into your Install Wizard.

BMichael:

Hi All,

I have an EA that needs to be configured with "Allow DLL imports". I can either set this every time I attach this EA (that is annoying) to the chart or set it by default - but it will affect all other EAs. Is there any way to set defaults for particular EA only?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Ickyrus 2012.09.04 09:28

Set the default settings in Tools Options Expert Advisors tab.

For individual settings when you load the indicator/advisor click on the common tab

when the advisor/indicator asks you to enter starting values for it to use.

If it is needed for the EA to work then use lines like this in your program

int start(){if(!IsDllsAllowed()) { Comment("You have to allow DLLs!");return(0); }  

BMichael:
Irrelevant. On IBFX the default is C:\InterbankFX_1-Click