Indicator Line is displayed as Broken Line, why?

Can someone tell me why I get these broken line when I am display this indicator line.

Broken likes shows up only when there is change in color. I can see that data window and for each Bar there is correct data displayed.

However, the area in between the bars when there is change in color is not displayed and shows up as broken lines as sown in picture.

I have properly set the buffer parameters and I dont see anything wron with the declaration.

For example, corresponding above broken line I have following declaration:

SetIndexStyle(2, DRAW_LINE);

SetIndexBuffer(2, SignalBufferUp);

SetIndexLabel(2, "SignalUp");

SetIndexStyle(3, DRAW_LINE);

SetIndexBuffer(3, SignalBufferDn);

SetIndexLabel(3, "SignalDn");

SignalBufferUp corresponds to Lime color part of line and SignalBufferDn corressponds to Magenta colr part of line.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can clarify this and tell me how I can get continuous line of the indicator.

netFX:

Can someone tell me why I get these broken line when I am display this indicator line.

Broken likes shows up only when there is change in color. I can see that data window and for each Bar there is correct data displayed.

However, the area in between the bars when there is change in color is not displayed and shows up as broken lines as sown in picture.

I have properly set the buffer parameters and I dont see anything wron with the declaration.

For example, corresponding above broken line I have following declaration:

SignalBufferUp corresponds to Lime color part of line and SignalBufferDn corressponds to Magenta colr part of line.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can clarify this and tell me how I can get continuous line of the indicator.

might be no value or empty value for both buffers at that bar number

with iCustom you can check the buffervalues of your indicator

for us there is nothing to check we have no source file

As you can see in the above picture actually the broken line (or blank) comes in between the Bar (histogram Bar) for each Bar there is correct value (Not EMPTY_VALUE) as i can see in DATA Window.

This happens only when there is change in color in the line.

Here is the code for this indicator:

#property copyright "Copyright © 2004, MetaQuotes Software Corp."

#property link "http: //www.metaquotes.net/"

<SNIP>

netFX:

As you can see in the above picture actually the broken line (or blank) comes in between the Bar (histogram Bar) for each Bar there is correct value (Not EMPTY_VALUE) as i can see in DATA Window.

This happens only when there is change in color in the line.

Here is the code for this indicator:

#property copyright "Copyright © 2004, MetaQuotes Software Corp."

#property link "http: //www.metaquotes.net/"

<SNIP>

Please edit your post . . .

Please use this to post code . . . it makes it easier to read.

netFX:

Where there is a change from one colour to the other colour the buffer value for that index for both buffers needs to be the same, in other words, the 2 buffer values for that bar have to be the same. What you will see currently is one or the other has a value, that is correct except in the situation where one line is ending and the other is starting, in that case both buffers must have a value and that value must be the same.

Are you saying that in order to draw a line from where one stops and the other starts both buffers have the same value at the stop/start point?

Ickyrus:
Are you saying that in order to draw a line from where one stops and the other starts both buffers have the same value at the stop/start point?

Of course they do.

To draw a line you need a start point and an end/stop point. If you just have a start point you will get a dot not a line. :-) The cyan line ends where the green one starts, not the bar before it . . . if that isn't the case then the gaps are the correct behaviour . . . . the OP can't have it both ways.

;-)

deVries:

might be no value or empty value for both buffers at that bar number

with iCustom you can check the buffervalues of your indicator

for us there is nothing to check we have no source file

Every bar has a value with your code but

A line is a connection from two points

the line starts when your buffer get the first value and ends when the next value is empty value

When the signal change there will be in between no connection from line points (two different lines)

Also

if bar 5 (buffer 3) empty value

bar 6 (buffer 3) 1.2454

bar 7 (buffer 3) empty value then there is also no line to draw (from buffer 3)

if you choose for arrows to draw a dotted line then you will see in this case a color for bar 6

For making it dots displaying change

into something like

SetIndexStyle(2, DRAW_ARROW,0,3);//DRAW_LINE);
SetIndexArrow(2, 159);

SetIndexStyle(3, DRAW_ARROW,0,3);//DRAW_LINE);
SetIndexArrow(3, 159);

thank you all.

I think displaying DOT(using DRAW_ARROW) is good idea rather than making buffer values same for start and end which will be ambiguous.

Reason: