Newbie programmer question

Hi There,

I need to remove the price data that the indicator is displaying (separate window) and show plus and minus values that will be above or below a zero line. I have looked at functions MathRound and NormalizeDouble, but I am still confused. I spent all day yesterday trying to solve this problem. :(

Can someone offer some much needed advice, and could you throw in an example - that would be great?.. I am still learning MQ4, after all..

Many thanks.

DaveFX

Indicators are still new to me but I would look on code pages 1 and 2 and 3 at the standard indicators posted there and choose to study the one closest to what I want to do and edit it (slowly) to fit my purpose.

Ickyrus:
Indicators are still new to me but I would look on code pages 1 and 2 and 3 at the standard indicators posted there and choose to study the one closest to what I want to do and edit it (slowly) to fit my purpose.

I already have. I am now looking at MACD code to try and find a way around my problem. Day 2...

davefx:

Hi There,

I need to remove the price data that the indicator is displaying (separate window) and show plus and minus values that will be above or below a zero line. I have looked at functions MathRound and NormalizeDouble, but I am still confused. I spent all day yesterday trying to solve this problem. :(

If you want to show data about a zero line you need to do it in the separate window . . . trying to do it in the main window is a nightmare . . . you have to scale the data all the time the chart is moving.

RaptorUK:
If you want to show data about a zero line you need to do it in the separate window . . . trying to do it in the main window is a nightmare . . . you have to scale the data all the time the chart is moving.

Status update...

Okay, so I have figured out how to change the separate window price values from x.xxxxx to -x.x or x.x. All I had to do was swap the variable type from double to int. My intention is to have different levels for TP/SL and support/resistance and trade negative correlations

Problem solved, right? Wrong. Now I cannot see any lines or anything. I am only a newbie at this and still trying to find my feet, I understand some elements of coding.. But I fear this is a bit past my (ahem) knowledge.

I have posted the code, so if anyone wishes to offer a newbie coder a helping hand, then the beers + kebabs are on me..

#property indicator_separate_window
#property indicator_buffers 4
#property indicator_color1 Gold
#property indicator_color2 Lime
#property indicator_color3 Gold
#property indicator_color4 Red

extern string FX_Pair1 = "---------- Enter parameters for FX pair 1 -------------";
extern string simbol_name = "EURUSD";
extern int bars_for_autoscale = 200;
extern bool inverse = false;
extern bool MA = true;
extern int MAPeriod = 1;
extern bool MAOnly = true;
extern string FX_Pair2 = "---------- Enter parameters for Hedging pair ----------";
extern string simbol_name1 = "USDCHF";
extern int bars_for_autoscale1 = 200;
extern bool inverse1 = true;
extern bool MA1 = true;
extern int MAPeriod1 = 1;
extern bool MAOnly1 = true;

double simbolBuffer[];
double MABuffer[];
double simbolBuffer1[];
double MABuffer1[];

// èíèöèàëèçàöèÿ
int init()
  {
   SetIndexBuffer(0,simbolBuffer);
   SetIndexStyle (0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM);
   SetIndexBuffer(1,MABuffer); 
   SetIndexBuffer(2,simbolBuffer1);
   SetIndexStyle (2,DRAW_LINE);
   SetIndexBuffer(3,MABuffer1);  
   return (0);
  }

int start()
  {
int simbol_scale = 1;
int simbol_offset = 0;
int simbol_scale1 = 1;
int simbol_offset1 = 0;

int i,k,i1,k1; 
int cb=IndicatorCounted();
int cb1=IndicatorCounted();

i = Bars-cb-1;
k = bars_for_autoscale;
i1 = Bars-cb1-1;
k1 = bars_for_autoscale1;

if (bars_for_autoscale==0) k=Bars;
if (bars_for_autoscale1==0) k1=Bars;

int max_scale=iClose(simbol_name,0,1);
int min_scale=iClose(simbol_name,0,1);
int max_scale2=Close[1];
int min_scale2=Close[1];
int max_scale1=iClose(simbol_name1,0,1);
int min_scale1=iClose(simbol_name1,0,1);
int max_scale11=Close[1];
int min_scale11=Close[1];

while(k>=0) 
      {

if (max_scale<iClose(simbol_name,0,k)) max_scale=iClose(simbol_name,0,k);
      if (min_scale>iClose(simbol_name,0,k)) min_scale=iClose(simbol_name,0,k);
      if (max_scale2<Close[k])max_scale2=Close[k];
      if (min_scale2>Close[k])min_scale2=Close[k];

k--;
      }

simbol_scale = (max_scale2 - min_scale2)/(max_scale-min_scale);
      if(!inverse) {
            simbol_offset = max_scale2 - simbol_scale*max_scale;
      }
      else
            {
            simbol_offset = max_scale2 + simbol_scale*min_scale;
            }

while(i>=0) 
      {

if(!inverse) 
        {
         if (!MAOnly) simbolBuffer[i]=simbol_scale*(iClose(simbol_name,0,i))+simbol_offset;
         if (MA)MABuffer[i]=(iMA(simbol_name,0,MAPeriod,0,0,PRICE_CLOSE,i))*simbol_scale+simbol_offset;
         }
        else 
        {
        if (!MAOnly) simbolBuffer[i]=simbol_offset - simbol_scale*(iClose(simbol_name,0,i));
        if (MA)MABuffer[i]=simbol_offset - simbol_scale*(iMA(simbol_name,0,MAPeriod,0,0,PRICE_CLOSE,i));
        }
          i--;
      }

//return(0);

while(k1>=0) 
      {

if (max_scale1<iClose(simbol_name1,0,k1)) max_scale1=iClose(simbol_name1,0,k1);
      if (min_scale1>iClose(simbol_name1,0,k1)) min_scale1=iClose(simbol_name1,0,k1);
      if (max_scale1<Close[k1])max_scale1=Close[k1];
      if (min_scale1>Close[k1])min_scale1=Close[k1];

k1--;
      }

simbol_scale1 = (max_scale1 - min_scale1)/(max_scale1-min_scale1);
      if(!inverse1) 
      {
 simbol_offset1 = max_scale1 - simbol_scale1*max_scale1;
 }
 else
 {
 simbol_offset1 = max_scale1 + simbol_scale1*min_scale1;
 }

while(i1>=0) 
      {

if(!inverse1) 
        {
         if (!MAOnly1) simbolBuffer1[i1]=simbol_scale1*(iClose(simbol_name1,0,i1))+simbol_offset1;
         if (MA1)MABuffer1[i1]=(iMA(simbol_name1,0,MAPeriod1,0,0,PRICE_CLOSE,i1))*simbol_scale1+simbol_offset1;
         }
        else 
        {
        if (!MAOnly1) simbolBuffer1[i1]=simbol_offset1 - simbol_scale1*(iClose(simbol_name1,0,i1));
        if (MA1)MABuffer1[i1]=simbol_offset1 - simbol_scale1*(iMA(simbol_name1,0,MAPeriod1,0,0,PRICE_CLOSE,i1));
        }
          i1--;
      }

return(0);
  }

davefx:

Status update...

Okay, so I have figured out how to change the separate window price values from x.xxxxx to -x.x or x.x. All I had to do was swap the variable type from double to int. My intention is to have different levels for TP/SL and support/resistance and trade negative correlations

Problem solved, right? Wrong. Now I cannot see any lines or anything.

Your lines are probably off chart . . . look at the values in the separate window using the Data Window to check that the values are within range.

RaptorUK:
Your lines are probably off chart . . . look at the values in the separate window using the Data Window to check that the values are within range.

The values are 9000000000000000 and -9000000000000000.

Is it worth me putting this question in the job section?

What is the goal?

What is the value range you are charting?

Consider making values a percentage of a range.

*edit - if you had graph paper how would you put the goal on the graph paper?

davefx:

The values are 9000000000000000 and -9000000000000000.

Is it worth me putting this question in the job section?

Jobs go in the Jobs section not questions . . . just work through it logically, add Print statements for all the variables that make up those values, then check the journal/log . . . I'm doing the same for my code now, my current log file is 400 MB, it's fun reading. ;-)
Reason: