Help finding unbalanced left parenthesis - page 3

eric,

let me know when you have tried to get that code compiled.

zero/.

smoknfx:

wrong.

let me explain something to you:

do you see how i am getting things simplified for this person?

what makes you think that we need to give him a complicated anything?

that is right.

now kindly blow.

regards,

zero,

Please stop trying to pick a fight, this is a public Forum, this is not your thread.

Okay so at the end of each line if(...) flag=1;

you added flag =1 ;

does that mean

if inside the (.....) is true (1) it will go long

so you wrote at the end

if(flag==1) go_long(): //i need to add the OrderSend function to actually make the order to work right....

Thanks i realize how lost i am...

smoknfx Instead of perfecting your criticising skills how about actually answering the question in your own words then we can see if you come up with an effective sound bite to explain the concept of flags. One more person saying im wrong is not going to change me.

my bad.

we will need to add a go_long() function..

int init()
{

return(0);
}//end of init function

int deinit()
{

return(0);
}//end of deinit function

int go_long()
{

//we will write this function later...

return(0);
}//end of go_long function

int start()
{
double MAFast1 = iMA(NULL, MA1Cross_Timeframe, FastMA1_p, 0, modeMA2, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);
double MAFast2 = iMA(NULL, MA1Cross_Timeframe, FastMA1_p, 0, modeMA2, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);
double MASlow1 = iMA(NULL, MA1Cross_Timeframe, SlowMA1_p, 0, modeMA1, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);
double MASlow2 = iMA(NULL, MA1Cross_Timeframe, SlowMA1_p, 0, modeMA1, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);

double MAFast3 = iMA(NULL, MA1Cross_Timeframe, FastMA2_p, 0, modeMA2, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);
double MAFast4 = iMA(NULL, MA1Cross_Timeframe, FastMA2_p, 0, modeMA2, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);
double MASlow3 = iMA(NULL, MA1Cross_Timeframe, SlowMA2_p, 0, modeMA1, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);
double MASlow4 = iMA(NULL, MA1Cross_Timeframe, SlowMA2_p, 0, modeMA1, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);

double cci1 = iCCI(NULL, CCI_Timeframe, CCI_p, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);
double cci2 = iCCI(NULL, CCI_Timeframe, CCI_p, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);
double cci3 = iCCI(NULL, CCI_Timeframe, CCI_p, PRICE_CLOSE, 2);

double bands_upper1 = iBands(NULL, Band_Timeframe, Band_p,1, 0, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_UPPER, 1);
double bands_upper2 = iBands(NULL, Band_Timeframe, Band_p,1, 0, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_UPPER, 2);
double bands_lower1 = iBands(NULL, Band_Timeframe, Band_p,1, 0, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_LOWER, 1);
double bands_lower2 = iBands(NULL, Band_Timeframe, Band_p,1, 0, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_LOWER, 2);

int flag=0;

if(MAFast1>MASlow1 && MAFast3>MASlow3 && CCI3<100 && CCI2>=100 && CCI1>100) flag=1;

if(MAFast1>MASlow1 && MAFast4<MASlow4 && MAFast3>MASlow3 && CCI>100) flag=1;

if(MAFast2<MASlow2 && MAFast1>MASlow1 && MAFast3>MASlow3 && CCI>100) flag=1;

if(flag==1) go_long();

return(0);
}//END OF START FUNCTION

Thanks ! it actually worked and entered trade when i added an OrderSend function.

People tell me to study C language in order to improve faster in mql4... I just read the basic stuff and started coding.. It takes time and efforts but yeah i will

be a competent programmer ! Thanks for your kindness.. Well i gotta keep writing.

By the way i checked the URL that you gave me but it actully did not work... Is it an email adress or a link ..... anyway keep writing. Thanks.

RaptorUK:

Please stop trying to pick a fight, this is a public Forum, this is not your thread.

good management technique does not include reprimanding people in public.

corrective measures should always take place privately.

hint: you could just as easily have pm'd me with that little message, know what i mean? you did not need to do that in public.

i am trying to help you, srsly.

just a heads up.

zero/.

ericman:

Thanks ! it actually worked and entered trade when i added an OrderSend function.

People tell me to study C language in order to improve faster in mql4... I just read the basic stuff and started coding.. It takes time and efforts but yeah i will

be a competent programmer ! Thanks for your kindness.. Well i gotta keep writing.

By the way i checked the URL that you gave me but it actully did not work... Is it an email adress or a link ..... anyway keep writing. Thanks.

THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ROCK!

as an engineer, i am only a winner when you win.

yes, you are correct, mql4@hush.com is an email address.

did you get that code running?

either way, i hope so, if you did will you post a copy of it here and then i will continue?

your coding pal,

zero/.

smoknfx:

good management technique does not include reprimanding people in public.

corrective measures should always take place privately.

hint: you could just as easily have pm'd me with that little message, know what i mean? you did not need to do that in public.

i am trying to help you, srsly.

just a heads up.

zero/.

Yes I agree . . . 100% . . but we are way beyond that stage already.

RaptorUK:

Yes I agree . . . 100% . . but we are way beyond that stage already.

do tell me, what stage are we at?

zero/.

Reason: