Objects from afar

Hi All

I run MT on a server in a different country and access my accounts via remote desktop. However, I also want to access my account directly from my laptop when comms to the server are not functioning at their best. Currently I do this by logging into my MT account using my main (not View) password but without an EA running - this allows me to see the buy/sell lines on a chart as well as open trades and trade history but does not show exactly when trades happen, any objects are on the charts or the expert/journal logs. Is there any way of displaying any of these without attaching the EA to the chart. Attaching the EA to the chart from my laptop generates double trades (1 from the server and 1 from the laptop.

but does not show exactly when trades happen => you mean you want to see the exact place when EA opened/closed trade.?/ If yes then you might require a program which scans your history and creates & displays objects on your chart...

May be someone else has a better way.??

How about attaching a Script, Indicator or Expert which have No-Trade Functions. Rather you program it to provide Graphical, Report, Log or Comment Information?

Or just run the EA on a Demo account . . .

RaptorUK:
Or just run the EA on a Demo account . . .

3 interesting suggestions - unfortunately problems with each.

Maybe my explanation needs further detail:

I am running a live account with a USA friend on a server close to the main locations of IBFX in the USA.

My access to the server can sometimes be intermittent.

If I log on to the MT4 server with the EA active I get double trades (1 produced from my laptop and 1 produced from the server) - Although its only 1 account MT

sees both computers sending trades.

Therefore I log into the account on the MT4 server without the EA being active which effectively gives me the login of a view only pasword account (even if I use the Main password).

Therefore I can see the charts as per view only (the lines created by any trades) but not the objects that are shown on the charts using the main password.

I want to see the indications on the chart showing the trade being opened or closed as well as my own indicators as well as data values displayed on the charts and if possible the logs.

This may or may not be possible but your comments would be appreciated

Therefore I log into the account on the MT4 server without the EA being active which effectively gives me the login of a view only pasword account (even if I use the Main password). Whats within the Expert which give it the Read&Write Rights ... But Deny you the Account-Holder Write Rights? Is this a Commercial Expert, one where you cannot see nor modify the codes? Does the broker have a limitation of 1-Master Log-in Only? <--If true, why does it allow 2-Masters in the presence of an Expert?

Everything I'm researching suggests that you should have Read/Write Access to your account even when logged in from 2-separate locations [unless broker does-not allow].

BigAl, I know you're looking for answers and not questions but I'm totally spooked. Ok, moving-on to the problem solving here, If it-is your expert and you can modify the codes, then perhaps you can tell the Expert to Not-Trade when Login-Ip is from home. Or vice-versa Only take trade commands from the home computer when both are Logged-In.

ubzen:

Therefore I log into the account on the MT4 server without the EA being active which effectively gives me the login of a view only pasword account (even if I use the Main password). Whats within the Expert which give it the Read&Write Rights ... But Deny you the Account-Holder Write Rights? Is this a Commercial Expert, one where you cannot see nor modify the codes? Does the broker have a limitation of 1-Master Log-in Only? <--If true, why does it allow 2-Masters in the presence of an Expert?

Everything I'm researching suggests that you should have Read/Write Access to your account even when logged in from 2-separate locations [unless broker does-not allow].

BigAl, I know you're looking for answers and not questions but I'm totally spooked. Ok, moving-on to the problem solving here, If it-is your expert and you can modify the codes, then perhaps you can tell the Expert to Not-Trade when Login-Ip is from home. Or vice-versa Only take trade commands from the home computer when both are Logged-In.

First let me put your mind to rest its all my own code.

The EA is on a server that communicates directly with the MT server. My laptop communicates directly with the MT server.

If both my server and my laptop are running the EA using the main password at the same time the MT server sees both requesting to trade - therefore it issues a trade for each computer thus doubling up on every trade. However, both computers display all objects.

If I log on with the laptop using the view only password I can not see the log files or any of the objects (just as it should for security reasons).

If I log on with the laptop using the main password but without running the EA it reacts in the same way as using the view only password above.

The Expert has no code within it with respect to read/write rights and there are no restrictions on the number of users on the MT server (I have tried restricting my server to 1 user (which works) but as the laptop communicates directly with the MT server it makes no difference)

Restricting trades to just those from my server would probably work - do you have any idea how this could be done?

Just a quick note - this is the same if using a demo account

If both my server and my laptop are running the EA using the main password at the same time the MT server sees both requesting to trade - therefore it issues a trade for each computer thus doubling up on every trade. However, both computers display all objects. Just edit out the OrderSend part of the EA for the version on your laptop.

Such a simple idea --- I will give it a try when the market opens again --- Thanks very much, will post the results.

BigAl:
Such a simple idea --- I will give it a try when the market opens again --- Thanks very much, will post the results.

Doesnt meet all my requirements but does enough - it only shows objects drawn from the time I log on from the laptop and none from previous logging in - however, with some changes to the EA to redraw some objects every tick and can see more or less what I need.

Thanks to all

Reason: