Solution for MT4 Editor Copy & Paste error in Windows 7

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my OS from XP to Windows 7 and experienced CTL+C crashing MT4 editor.

I looked everywhere on the web and few people suggested a solution but it didnt work for me.

So I want to share how i solved this issue completely so other people don't have to google all night.

MT4 editor crashing problem seems to be caused by non English language input system.

Solution is quite simple.

1. Go to control panel

2. Click on reginal and language setting link

3. Click on Change keyboard.

4. If you do not have an English keyboard, add United States English keyboard and make it a default keyboard.

5. You don't have to delete other language keyboards but if still seeing the same problem, delete all other language keyboard.

It seems that MT4 editor have problem with non-english keyboard in Windows 7.

I hope Metaquote fixes this bug soon.

Good luck all~

It's not the solution . . . I just had Meta Editor crash after a Ctrl + C, I only have one Keyboard setup, UK English. It's probably the 3rd time I have had a ME crash due to copy/paste so it's not a big deal for me.

RaptorUK:
It's not the solution . . . I just had Meta Editor crash after a Ctrl + C, I only have one Keyboard setup, UK English. It's probably the 3rd time I have had a ME crash due to copy/paste so it's not a big deal for me.

Hi Mod,

Mmm, might helpful to add/select "English (United States) keyboard US", sir ? Or is it the same ?

onewithzachy:

Hi Mod,

Mmm, might helpful to add/select "English (United States) keyboard US", sir ? Or is it the same ?

I think it has zero to do with the keyboard . . . and I'm not changing my Keyboard to US or my keys will be screwed up. I had a few more crashes today . . so I loaded the same file, closed ME and re-opened it so it opened the same files, been fine since.

RaptorUK:

I think it has zero to do with the keyboard . . . and I'm not changing my Keyboard to US or my keys will be screwed up. I had a few more crashes today . . so I loaded the same file, closed ME and re-opened it so it opened the same files, been fine since.

Hi Mod,

You're right there, I replied without thinking, got nothing to do with keyboard, otherwise all non English language/keyboard user will kill this forum with complaints.

Seem like crashes only on 7 and Vista. I have MT installed on Vista's C:\Program Files\Trading Platform. I change security property for Trading Platform folder to allow user and authenticated user a full control, and I have no problems.

Can 7 user change security property for folder outside C:\Program Files like that ?

onewithzachy:

Can 7 user change security property for folder outside C:\Program Files like that ?

That depends on their user rights ;-)

RaptorUK:
That depends on their user rights ;-)

Hi mod,

He he he ...

Rephrase : If 7 user install MetaTrader on 7's Program Files - for example install MT on C:\Trading Software\... - and as administrator, change its security property to allow users &/ authenticated users a full control, will there be any crashes on MetaEditor then ?

onewithzachy:

Hi mod,

He he he ...

Rephrase : If 7 user install MetaTrader on 7's Program Files - for example install MT on C:\Trading Software\... - and as administrator, change its security property to allow users &/ authenticated users a full control, will there be any crashes on MetaEditor then ?

YES !

RaptorUK:

YES !

Hi Mod,

Ouch !.

BTW, congrats for mod promotion, is that makes you also mql5 mod ?

onewithzachy:

Hi Mod,

Ouch !.

BTW, congrats for mod promotion, is that makes you also mql5 mod ?

Yep, but I don't get over there very much . . . at the moment.

Raptor

ITs your UK english keyboard.

Default US keyboard will not make any crashes.

Try and post your result here

Reason: